Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2020, 11:58 AM

8,934 posts, read 4,626,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
My take on anti-masker white males who feel threatened by a changing world:
Your "take" is completely divorced from reality.

Maskers or anti masker has virtually nothing to do with being a prepper.
The real preppers are no where near "cracking."
I could go on like this for years.
There are realities, however, that need to be addressed,
and the scared little anxious twerps preaching to everybody,
from their basement, need to get over themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 12:44 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

no, dealers should be left alone and anyone who arrests them belong in prison.
No, what’s funny is listening to little boys cry about the fact that they didn’t believe they were smart enough to do any better than to play stupid games and then whine when they won a stupid prize, lol.

Best part is the people that rightfully arrested them probably saved their lives. Instead of a competitor popping them with a few caps, they will eventually be released and have another chance at figuring out if they want to keep trying for more stupid prizes.

It always was their choice.

Old 08-04-2020, 05:06 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,669,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
So your big issue is drug consumption? Seriously?

Name a perfect system. Ours is the best. You know how you can tell? Because the ENTIRE PEASANT WORLD wants a shot at living in a country that is unappreciated by some that obviously have no experience with anything different. Even if you are homeless here, and have nothing, you are better off than 90% of the people on the planet. That's a sobering thought for the delusioned and disenchanted, isnt it?

You can consume any drug you want in Liberia. Age doesn't matter. Just your ability to pay or kill in exchange for the product. If you are 10 and can hold up a rifle, you can be high right now.

For what its worth, I think weed should be legalized and controlled on a Federal level in the US, just like alcohol, tobacco and fire arms, but Im not going to throw out the baby with the bath water over the fact that it isnt yet. Until it is, dealers need to put on their big boy pants and suck it up if they get caught dealing. Be a man! Recognize! Any dealer with half a brain left knows he is eventually going down. Its part of living that life.
I think his point was closer to the number of people in prison for a victimless offense that should never have been illegal in the first place. The US criminal justice system is actively destructive to the well being of it's citizens.

Old 08-05-2020, 03:34 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,079,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I think his point was closer to the number of people in prison for a victimless offense that should never have been illegal in the first place. The US criminal justice system is actively destructive to the well being of it's citizens.
I don't agree with you or him. Drug dealing is hardly a victimless crime. He didnt specify weed, I did, however, it doesn't matter.

If my stovetop gets hot, and I know if I touch it I will get burned - but, I touch it anyway, is it really right of me to be upset that I got burned? Should I try to justify the fact that I was not impervious to the heat? Wouldnt I look stupid trying? Wouldnt I deserve that stupid prize?

He can have everything he says he wants in Liberia already. Is it what he really wants?

Old 08-05-2020, 09:15 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I don't agree with you or him. Drug dealing is hardly a victimless crime. He didnt specify weed, I did, however, it doesn't matter.

If my stovetop gets hot, and I know if I touch it I will get burned - but, I touch it anyway, is it really right of me to be upset that I got burned? Should I try to justify the fact that I was not impervious to the heat? Wouldnt I look stupid trying? Wouldnt I deserve that stupid prize?

He can have everything he says he wants in Liberia already. Is it what he really wants?
i dont specify weed because i dont limit it to weed. all drugs should be legal and people shouldnt need to get prescriptions for medication. you may have a right to disagree but you are 100% wrong. the government doesnt own our bodies and so they dont have a right to tell us what we can or cant consume.

its funny, advocate for freedom and you get told to leave. some people think that americans are supposed to be free yet the US has the highest incarceration rate in the world. that is a huge problem and it should be fixed. people who complain about it shouldnt be told to leave.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:47 AM

1,108 posts, read 1,382,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Your "take" is completely divorced from reality.

Maskers or anti masker has virtually nothing to do with being a prepper.
The real preppers are no where near "cracking."
I could go on like this for years.
There are realities, however, that need to be addressed,
and the scared little anxious twerps preaching to everybody,
from their basement, need to get over themselves.
I'm curious what you mean by "real" prepper.

I'm a "practical" prepper, meaning I do what I can within reason to prep for likely scenarios, but find it absurd to spend tons of money storing food / building bunkers in the middle of nowhere for a fantasy Mad Max scenario, especially at the cost of long term financial planning and optimizing income / expenses for what is most likely to happen.

Warrior Poet Society had a good take on prepping with his video on "3 Reaons I ditched my bug out bag".
You can only prep so much for unlikely end of the world scenarios. It's much better to focus on what is much more likely to happen and accept the fact that in the unlikely event of a total societal break-down, we are pretty much screwed no matter how much we prepare. There is a huge diminishing return on spending money / time on prepping.

Old 08-05-2020, 02:17 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,460,386 times
There is no perfect system for dealing with drug problems. Some European nations are very lax on drug laws and still loose thousands of people to OD deaths. But their rate of OD deaths are a lot lower than ours and they aren't spending tax dollars keeping people in prison simply for using illegal drugs. I do understand the hard core approach to drugs but in decades of hindsight it appears to be less effective than what other nations do. The vast majority of homicides in the US are related to illegal drugs, which kills another 10,000 annually and probably another 10,000 new people in jail for being the killer.

Old 08-05-2020, 02:58 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
while i understand that you are suggesting legalization may reduce OD's and other illegal activity (and i dont disagree) my position doesnt require better outcomes. it is simply what we have a right to do and that government doesnt have a right to enforce.

Old 08-05-2020, 03:19 PM

4,930 posts, read 3,043,296 times
Ugh, Captain Morgan/Major Havoc/Colonel Klink...lol

Old 08-05-2020, 05:04 PM

213 posts, read 131,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
I am tired of the conservatives having none of the cards anymore, honestly I can't stand that we can't have our own organized institutions like the left does. I don't want to forgive and lose gracefully. I hate the anti-white, anti-male, video game and hobby-hating censorship crap to end. I want us to go out winning at some point.

Who is "our side"? I think I know but guess you don't want to come out and say you want whites back in power.
Wow, haven't you been in power these last 4 years? Tired of all that winning?

I am not anti-white, anti-male, I love video games and hobbies.
But am tired of your "side" wanting things to go back to the 1950s. That ship has sailed.
You think conservatives have no cards? Where do you get your news? Wait I think I know.
You think the left has "organized institutions"? They are hiding them extremely well lol.

Yes get your info on the downlow, I mean dm, because that's where real opinions are shared, no dog-whistles on the dm.

I'm on this forum to learn interesting things about self-sufficiency and being prepared.
^ This. I think too many people buy into the mainstream media propaganda and forget that the real world for the most part isn't like that.
I'm gonna take it you've been watching Owen Benjamin, Tim Pool, or Sargon of Akkad. They've got this cult-like mindset and gather a crowd of incels who don't get out enough. For the love of god don't be like those morons. Just learn whatever skills you feel the need to learn and worry about yourself. It's that simple. Just relax. Don't worry about things you can't control; cuz odds are from the sound of it you don't have it nearly as bad as you think you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness