Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2020, 08:12 AM

822 posts, read 2,203,212 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I hope all of you are doing well.

Since all of us as preppers want to be prepared no matter where we happen to be, I have a clothing question. I am looking for some non-baggy, non-cargo, non-cotton tactical type pants that I can wear in a professional work environment.

The idea is something that basically I can change a tire in or get by in for a bit should an incident occur while I'm at work. We wear polyester polo shirts so I'm at least not stuck in a formal shirt and tie, but I don't want to be stuck in some sort of incident in lightweight dress pants as I always have my edc items such as a pocket knife, tactical pen, mini-flashlight, and lighter in my pockets.

I have a few pairs of Propper and LA Police gear cargo pants. I love the material and pockets, unfortunately they are also pretty baggy.

Any of you have some good recommendations for some good edc type clothing for a professional work environment?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 01:04 PM

13,130 posts, read 21,001,609 times
Wouldn't it be easier to pack a lightweight tac bag with essential items and keep it at work, in your car or someplace easy to get to? There is inherently nothing that different between a "tactical pair of pants" and a pair of Docker's Downtime pants. Why have to worry everyday about the pants you wear when you can pack the bag once and it's good as long as it stays clean. Since I have to attend meeting, formal events, parties and all the other various activities one does in life, having a packed bag with essential supplies (including clothing) in all my cars is ever so much easier than worrying each time I go out what pants I wear. If you're worried about work, you should also be worry at church, at a funeral, wedding, beach, lake, shopping....., basically whenever your away from you house. How many pants do you plan on having?

Old 07-20-2020, 01:58 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,303,508 times
As a home inspector I wore tactical pants for quite a while. My wife hated them, and expressed it almost daily. I liked them for the durability and some of the pockets.
I was in Costco and saw some pants that were like $16 and looked like they would work. They came in dark blue that was my work uniform.
They looked good according the the wife, and they were really comfortable (with all of my crouching, climbing and moving around) and quite durable.
I always carried my small knife and a pocket flashlight in my pants while working.
You might check out Costco.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:11 PM

822 posts, read 2,203,212 times
Thank you

Old 07-23-2020, 06:43 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
Duluth Trading has some really nice heavy-duty pants made of a material that will take a real beating, and have pockets galore. They aren't tactical, but look good and get the job done.

Check out the Carhartt line, full of lined and unlined pants that will take the punishment that farmers, ranchers, mechanics and oil rig workers can dish out. If Carhartt brown is not your color, they come in black and navy also, with plenty of pockets. Carhartt is my favorite brand, and I can't tell you how many meetings, parties and funerals I've gone to dressed to the nines in Carhartt black. Also not tactical, but made for work and a tough life.

Look through Cabela's online catalog for mens pants. .I have found some nice slim but tough offerings in black, navy, and mushroom with lots of pockets and they wear well, wash well, and do anything I could ask for. Some of these are tactical, and some are not.

If you are willing to shop online, there are some nice mens clothing out there.

Old 07-24-2020, 02:32 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
I buy Duluth trading fire pants. Hey have a few different styles. The real fire pants are heavy duty. Double front. You can also put in foam pad for the knees and thighs

Old 08-23-2020, 01:32 PM

433 posts, read 532,780 times
I've worn some Red Kap trousers that I got from a Goodwill. Have served me well and are easy to wash/hang dry.

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Kap-Mens-...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Old 08-26-2020, 08:17 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,286,271 times
My recommendation is that you dress appropriately for work, and keep a bag of essentials in your car.

Old 08-28-2020, 03:33 PM

938 posts, read 424,419 times
Take a look at TRU-SPEC that LA Police gear carries. They are cargo but not baggy and last for ever and look pretty decent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness