Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2020, 02:36 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
... Additionally, during the same period, car-related and flu-related deaths went way down because of the shutdowns.
Or did those other death categories go down because car accidents and flu and cancer deaths are seen as 'comorbidities' second to COVID-19?

Old 12-03-2020, 03:46 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Or did those other death categories go down because car accidents and flu and cancer deaths are seen as 'comorbidities' second to COVID-19?
Good deduction. I can say with certainty, that cancer deaths did not go down, no matter what those who distort statistics are saying. (And just to be honest, I don't know what the statistic distorters are saying. I don't read their tripe.)

Old 12-03-2020, 06:40 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,571,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Deaths indirectly resulting from our response to Covid are up. Way up. And these are deliberately not being properly tracked.

Damage done by idiots who excessively fear this virus, or who are using it politically to further their lust for power, will echo in our 'civilization' for years. (I can't go into detail about this, as it is outside the scope of this forum.)
In short, covid-19 has been weaponized.

Old 12-04-2020, 09:24 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,274,703 times
Remember Rahm Emanel? At least he was honest!

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

Rahm Emanuel

Old 12-04-2020, 10:34 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,935,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrysue View Post
Remember Rahm Emanel? At least he was honest!

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

Rahm Emanuel
Were it not for the pandemic, even the Democrats admit that Trump would have handily won reelection, the Senate would have gained GOP seats, and the House likely flipped to GOP control.

It's incredible how the Democrats snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

It is an object lesson for those of us who are complacent and have faith in the stability of our society. Things could go south at any minute. Perhaps it will persuade more folks to get serious about prepping, homesteading, and self-sufficiency.

For years I've been wanting to buy land away from the city, and now suddenly everyone else has the same idea, dang it, and prices have been going up. It won't stop me, but it's quite annoying.

Old 12-04-2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Were it not for the pandemic, even the Democrats admit that Trump would have handily won reelection, the Senate would have gained GOP seats, and the House likely flipped to GOP control.

It's incredible how the Democrats snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

It is an object lesson for those of us who are complacent and have faith in the stability of our society. Things could go south at any minute. Perhaps it will persuade more folks to get serious about prepping, homesteading, and self-sufficiency.

For years I've been wanting to buy land away from the city, and now suddenly everyone else has the same idea, dang it, and prices have been going up. It won't stop me, but it's quite annoying.
Except for massive and widespread fraud, Trump did 'handily win reelection.'
We will be discussing, shortly, the evidence (of which there is copious amounts) and the court battles (of which there are many to be faught, and time is short). Should the courts decide to play as partisans, there will be more than ample reasons to "get serious about prepping."

Old 12-06-2020, 01:50 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
If you don't want to live in town, don't. Except for college and a brief period after college, I have never lived in town. I see all those people planning to retire and move to where they really want to live, and think they are nuts. Moving out of town is a lot of work. Do it while you are young and vigorous.

As for prepping, that's mostly life as usual in the country.

Old 12-08-2020, 07:51 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,935,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Except for massive and widespread fraud, Trump did 'handily win reelection.'
We will be discussing, shortly, the evidence (of which there is copious amounts) and the court battles (of which there are many to be faught, and time is short). Should the courts decide to play as partisans, there will be more than ample reasons to "get serious about prepping."
Whether or not Trump prevails, and I believe he should prevail, millions of voters will no longer trust the voting tabulation system and thus their faith in our democracy has been undermined. A terrible consequence indeed.

The only way back from this is to ban vote harvesting and mail-in ballots, and to have much more transparent procedures, but we know this isn't going to happen; when a political party discovers they can gain power this way, they will fight to the death to keep it.

I see trouble coming down the pike.

Old 12-09-2020, 09:48 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,869,150 times
For those who are crazy enough to think somehow electing Democrats equals peace and unity, I urge you to listen to the Democrat ELECTED representative.

And those on the right should know their enemies too

https://twitter.com/UncleGulag/statu...869076993?s=20

We are very FAR AWAY from dodging a war. Every day is getting us closer. The left keeps pushing and pushing.

Old 12-09-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Whether or not Trump prevails, and I believe he should prevail, millions of voters will no longer trust the voting tabulation system and thus their faith in our democracy has been undermined. A terrible consequence indeed.

The only way back from this is to ban vote harvesting and mail-in ballots, and to have much more transparent procedures, but we know this isn't going to happen; when a political party discovers they can gain power this way, they will fight to the death to keep it.

I see trouble coming down the pike.
There is a lot of trouble coming down the pike. If Trump prevails, the insurgents will be infuriated that their puppet masters failed to steal the election, if Trump loses, it isn't just the voting tabulation system and our democracy we won't have faith in, it is the entire government will be seen as illegitimate.

And make no mistake, the Left now knows they can steal elections. They have been doing it on smaller scale in the past, and this time did it whole sale, out in the open for all to see. And the courts and even a lot of the Republicans are going along with the fraud. If we lose the Presidency and Senate to this fraud, there will no longer be a USA, but a copy of Venezuela, Iran, China, or Russia in N. America.

Not to mention the complicity of the MSM, and now Twitter has announced it will further censor the truth, by taking down videos that expose fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
For those who are crazy enough to think somehow electing Democrats equals peace and unity, I urge you to listen to the Democrat ELECTED representative.

And those on the right should know their enemies too

https://twitter.com/UncleGulag/statu...869076993?s=20

We are very FAR AWAY from dodging a war. Every day is getting us closer. The left keeps pushing and pushing.
At this point, don't see any way to "dodge a war."
The Leftist insurgents will not let us live in peace.

Remember to contact me on other channels for further discussion, as we are, at the least, pushing the envelope here. The mission of this forum isn't in line with what is happening today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness