Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 12:49 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times

Advertisements

About 30 Miles SE of where I am.
On 19 Acres of land some of it tillable.
(Political reason for the limit.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 05:05 PM

290 posts, read 164,702 times
If money was no object, I'd live in Canada. Far away from my family. I'd never return. One can dream right but whsge the point, it's never going to happen. Pointless thread

Old 01-31-2021, 07:00 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
You know, I grew up around farms, and never once have a seen a farmer duded up in a three piece suit to do tractor work and chores.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:30 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,370 times
After my grandfather quit doing any manual labor on the farm and segued into just supervising, I grinned every morning when he came out in his bib overalls and denim shirt wearing a tie and his dress straw hat. He was a quite dapper gentleman.

Old 02-02-2021, 11:16 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,011,346 times
I'd go back to Maine and have a shed in the woods.
Me and my zoo.

Old 02-02-2021, 03:08 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Somewhere on the OR Coast, but out of the tsunami zone.

Old 02-02-2021, 07:46 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,257,513 times
I currently live in what many call paradise. If money were no object, I would trade this in a heartbeat for a couple thousand acres of remote access land in southern Tennessee or north Georgia.

Old 02-03-2021, 12:29 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Currently?

New Zealand... (medical care, QUIET, no tourists, nice view, a 'normal life' as is possible in 2021)
plenty of places to visit for great recreation and views (and it's SUMMER there! at the moment) 16 hrs + of sunlight

I can just imagine being in a glider over Mt Cook about now!

NZ sustainable farming / grazing / energy / off-grid, and lots of resources (Geo-thermal + minerals + great growing conditions)
Really is a great place to learn! (and to live / without Covid risk or interruption))

All of my cowrkers in Asia today are working and entertaining, going out to eat every lunchbreak and keeping their jobs. (As they have since April 2020)

Old 02-05-2021, 10:46 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
I would get as much land as I could, probably Northern MN.

I honestly might even defect. I see the racial attacks against people like me now sanctioned (long sanctioned, actually) by the US Government as paving the way for a more horrific round of attacks on people like me. I think America will eventually turn into a sort of Zimbabwe 2.0, down the road. The signs point to that.

I honestly might defect to any of the countries of my ancestors just to get the hell out of America before people like me are attacked more than they already are. Hungary, Czech Republic have been good to their people, as far as I know. Sweden has allowed hordes to flood in, though I don't know if it's a lost cause just yet.

Old 02-07-2021, 06:14 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,103,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I would get as much land as I could, probably Northern MN.

I honestly might even defect. I see the racial attacks against people like me now sanctioned (long sanctioned, actually) by the US Government as paving the way for a more horrific round of attacks on people like me. I think America will eventually turn into a sort of Zimbabwe 2.0, down the road. The signs point to that.

I honestly might defect to any of the countries of my ancestors just to get the hell out of America before people like me are attacked more than they already are. Hungary, Czech Republic have been good to their people, as far as I know. Sweden has allowed hordes to flood in, though I don't know if it's a lost cause just yet.
What attacks?

Sweden is a lost cause. Spikes in crime everywhere and no-go zones. The government keeps allocating more and more money to fight crime. The recommendations have been that the government must hire more minority policemen, but a high percentage of immigrant applicants can't pass the tests and don't understand the language well enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness