Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 07:32 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,602,806 times

Advertisements

Covid hasnt gone away its still out there, just look at India.
Covid will be with us for awhile, might decrease over the summer months but then come back with a bang in Fall when everyone has relaxed and they think its all over, its not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 01:15 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,321,061 times
It's way to soon to celebrate. My wife and I have had both are shots and after researching a little discovered that you can still get Covid. The shots will keep you out of the hospital but you can still get symptoms of Covid. The big question is long term effects from having Covid are still unclear but some that have had the shots and then got Covid have had longer term problems.

Because Covid is so new the smart thing to do is to maintain cautiousness.

Old 04-26-2021, 03:19 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
My new and improved, multi step formula, for herd immunity:

Just noticed, this thread isn't about herd immunity,
so I move the rest of this post over to:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/arka...t-rollout.html
Post #19

Last edited by TRex2; 04-26-2021 at 03:29 PM..

Old 04-27-2021, 07:38 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,055,358 times
It's over when YOU decide it's over, Spanish flu never went away; was simply renamed H1N1.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:27 AM

17,379 posts, read 16,524,581 times
I think that between the vaccine and those who have natural immunity to Covid, we are no longer in any danger of having our hospitals overrun by Covid patients.

The whole purpose of masks, social distancing, shut downs, curfews, etc was supposedly to prevent our medical facilities from being overwhelmed. That danger has passed and it's time to move forward and put this behind us.

Old 04-27-2021, 09:59 AM

17,379 posts, read 16,524,581 times
As far as hyperinflation goes, I think we are already starting to see inflation in home prices and rising gas prices. How bad will it get? I have no idea.

I'm not doing anything all that special. We have water on hand, canned goods, seeds, land and watch dogs.

Old 04-27-2021, 04:21 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I think that between the vaccine and those who have natural immunity to Covid, we are no longer in any danger of having our hospitals overrun by Covid patients.

The whole purpose of masks, social distancing, shut downs, curfews, etc was supposedly to prevent our medical facilities from being overwhelmed. That danger has passed and it's time to move forward and put this behind us.
You are quite right. All of those measures were intended to slow the spread, not stop it (which would have been futile). I declared about a month ago that I am moving on. Anyone living in an area that is still mandating masks or any other silliness, needs to (strongly) consider moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
As far as hyperinflation goes, I think we are already starting to see inflation in home prices and rising gas prices. How bad will it get? I have no idea.
It won't meet the definition of hyperinflation, but inflation in the next couple of years will be bad. How bad will depend on politics. Specifically, any further "stimulus" or any tax hikes (even if they are "only on the rich") will create a lot of inflation.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...hyperinflation
Quote:
Economists generally reserve the term “hyperinflation” for cases when the monthly inflation rate reaches over 50 percent.
I am, frankly, expecting about 30% per year.
Government won't show that (too embarrassing) so you need to find statisticians who give more honest answers.

Alternate Inflation Charts

Old 04-28-2021, 06:19 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,364,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
You are quite right. All of those measures were intended to slow the spread, not stop it (which would have been futile). I declared about a month ago that I am moving on. Anyone living in an area that is still mandating masks or any other silliness, needs to (strongly) consider moving.

It won't meet the definition of hyperinflation, but inflation in the next couple of years will be bad. How bad will depend on politics. Specifically, any further "stimulus" or any tax hikes (even if they are "only on the rich") will create a lot of inflation.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...hyperinflation

I am, frankly, expecting about 30% per year.
Government won't show that (too embarrassing) so you need to find statisticians who give more honest answers.

Alternate Inflation Charts
Yeah, go to faux gnews to get your real numbers.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 04-28-2021, 06:27 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
Putt putt puttputt putt putt...............

Old 04-29-2021, 02:31 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,904,348 times
Is this what they have planned for us next?

https://www.weforum.org/videos/a-cyb...haracteristics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness