Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 09:34 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,904,348 times

Advertisements

"People who refuse to get vaccinated are a threat to everyone else."

You need to turn off your TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 10:55 PM

115 posts, read 57,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Yes, there have been 'breakthrough' cases, and these have been reported. None of the vaccines are 100% effective. This is not 'news'. The fact remains, that mutations arise from errors during replication, and the more opportunities to replicate, the greater the numbers of errors and mutations. This is known science. Opportunities to replicate are largely denied among the vaccinated population, and are unchecked in the unvaccinated.

Could the virus mutate in a person who was vaccinated, but for whom the vaccination was not effective? Certainly, but these opportunities were largely unavailable until the Delta and Gamma variants emerged. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were more than 90% effective up to and including the British B.117 variant, which greatly denied replication in vaccinated people.

The Delta variant emerged in India, amongst a mostly unvaccinated population. Unfortunately, the vaccines are less effective against this variant, which is more infective and causes more severe illness. In fully vaccinated people who have received the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines which are most effective, the vaccine effectiveness is only about 80%. In people who have received only a single dose of of those vaccines, the effectiveness drops to about 33%. The J&J vaccine is even less effective.

It is imperative that we get as many people vaccinated as possible, as soon as possible, before the Delta and Gamma variants become widespread, or another, even worse, variant emerges. People who refuse to get vaccinated are a threat to everyone else.
See, and this is what I'm talking about when it comes to mainstream media not parsing popular studies.

The Delta variation emerged in UK, then spread to India. In fact, India's handling of COVID was much better than the US and the UK until they held mass Hindi celebrations.

And regarding the 90% number... that '90% effective against Delta variant' stat was only valid for one month. After 4 weeks, effectiveness decreased threefold for Pfizer. This was seen in relatively young and presumably healthy patients.

In some elderly recipients and those who have autoimmune disorders, the outset effectiveness wasn't high to begin with. (Another thing headlines don't recognize is confidence index. For most of these studies, the CIs are as "low" as 20 and some go up to 50%)

There are many caveats to these vaccines that are not made clear, which is why those who have had "breakthrough" infections are left in shock because they assumed, based on the information repeated ad nauseum to them, that there was little chance of them becoming infected AND being sick with COVID.

As for your last sentence, lol is all I can say. You talk about breakthroughs and percentages and still conclude that unvaccinated people are the problem.

Old 06-17-2021, 11:23 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Imagine if God forbid in the near future, when there is an actual really scary virus with a high mortality rate and no one will take it seriously because covid was so over played and over politicized
This doesn't sound so bad as it means the stupid will die off. However, the survivors will make us pay for their care just as is happening now.

Old 06-18-2021, 06:36 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,869,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponpiri View Post
See, and this is what I'm talking about when it comes to mainstream media not parsing popular studies.

The Delta variation emerged in UK, then spread to India. In fact, India's handling of COVID was much better than the US and the UK until they held mass Hindi celebrations.

And regarding the 90% number... that '90% effective against Delta variant' stat was only valid for one month. After 4 weeks, effectiveness decreased threefold for Pfizer. This was seen in relatively young and presumably healthy patients.

In some elderly recipients and those who have autoimmune disorders, the outset effectiveness wasn't high to begin with. (Another thing headlines don't recognize is confidence index. For most of these studies, the CIs are as "low" as 20 and some go up to 50%)

There are many caveats to these vaccines that are not made clear, which is why those who have had "breakthrough" infections are left in shock because they assumed, based on the information repeated ad nauseum to them, that there was little chance of them becoming infected AND being sick with COVID.

As for your last sentence, lol is all I can say. You talk about breakthroughs and percentages and still conclude that unvaccinated people are the problem.

No one trusts it because it's such a cliche to say "trust the science" when it's been shown that those same organizations think there are 57 genders, keep changing their minds and have way too cozy connections with china.

Sorry you don't have much credibility there is a real lack of transparency and good faith.

I'm not pro or anti vax. If people want it go for it, if not that's their choice as well. Neither option is that great and both carry risks you just have to make your decision on what you are more comfortable with.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:10 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
"People who refuse to get vaccinated are a threat to everyone else."

You need to turn off your TV.

My TV is off most of the time. I know how to find facts.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:23 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponpiri View Post

These things *have* been made clear, but some folks are not paying attention. The problem is compounded by the people being told that the vaccinated can go unmasked in a misguided attempt by governments to 'incentivize' vaccination. All mask requirements should have remained in place until the majority were vaccinated. Apparently the government officials making this decision are poor judges of human behavior.

Quote:

They are. The number of breakthrough cases is relatively small...so far. But it is the unvaccinated who are driving them, and it is going to get worse with the Delta and Gamma variants, and probably whatever variant arises next. If behavior does not change soon, the current vaccines may become useless...and then we'll have a *real* horror show on our hands.

Old 06-19-2021, 10:44 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
No one trusts it because it's such a cliche to say "trust the science" when it's been shown that those same organizations think there are 57 genders, keep changing their minds and have way too cozy connections with china.
Sorry you don't have much credibility there is a real lack of transparency and good faith.

I'm not pro or anti vax. If people want it go for it, if not that's their choice as well. Neither option is that great and both carry risks you just have to make your decision on what you are more comfortable with.
I think you mean the ones telling us "trust the science" don't have much transparency or good faith, rather than those here. There are a couple of good people here, able to read the science and understand what they say, and see through the politics. And then there are some real ... uh, .... somethings, here.

As best I can tell from her writing, ponpiri doesn't have a formal science and statistics background, but she seems to have a good head on her shoulders, has done her homework, and can see through the rhetoric.

I was neutral from January to the beginning of May, but now I am finding whole classes of people who should avoid this vaccine. I have already brought up, anyone under 18, and women who may want to have children. These vaccines seem to mess with hormones, so the vaccine poses a greater risk to them than the virus. Old guys like me should probably get the jab, especially if they have underlying health problems (aka comorbidities). I am still looking at the "everyone under 30" group.

The actual "epidemic" or "pandemic" was over for the US, around 19Apr. We may have a breakout here and there (like Webster county MO), but other than that, (in spite of the government and commercial misinformation and propaganda) the numbers are on their way down. Anyone telling anyone they have to get the vaccine or that they still need to wear a mask should be viewed in the same light as those who told us the virus could not have come from a lab or told us HC won't work.

There is no "Next Wave" coming, but there will be more epidemics and pandemics in the future. When (not if) it gets here, remember who told us the truth, and who either panicked or lied.

Old 06-19-2021, 11:02 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Martin Armstrong's Socrates is predicting a probable serious global health event in a couple of years, partially caused by global cooling effecting food supplies causing malnourishment. Covid is not serious with it's actual % death rate.

Old 06-19-2021, 11:40 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,869,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I think you mean the ones telling us "trust the science" don't have much transparency or good faith, rather than those here. There are a couple of good people here, able to read the science and understand what they say, and see through the politics. And then there are some real ... uh, .... somethings, here.

As best I can tell from her writing, ponpiri doesn't have a formal science and statistics background, but she seems to have a good head on her shoulders, has done her homework, and can see through the rhetoric.

I was neutral from January to the beginning of May, but now I am finding whole classes of people who should avoid this vaccine. I have already brought up, anyone under 18, and women who may want to have children. These vaccines seem to mess with hormones, so the vaccine poses a greater risk to them than the virus. Old guys like me should probably get the jab, especially if they have underlying health problems (aka comorbidities). I am still looking at the "everyone under 30" group.

The actual "epidemic" or "pandemic" was over for the US, around 19Apr. We may have a breakout here and there (like Webster county MO), but other than that, (in spite of the government and commercial misinformation and propaganda) the numbers are on their way down. Anyone telling anyone they have to get the vaccine or that they still need to wear a mask should be viewed in the same light as those who told us the virus could not have come from a lab or told us HC won't work.

There is no "Next Wave" coming, but there will be more epidemics and pandemics in the future. When (not if) it gets here, remember who told us the truth, and who either panicked or lied.

Yes that is what I meant. Thank you

Old 06-19-2021, 12:04 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Martin Armstrong's Socrates ...
That is an interesting AI engine.

Appears to operate using the same learning algorithms I use, except that I specialize in a different area that it does (and my wife says it should be "alien" intelligence, in my case).

I was looking for a post famine plague, myself, but having leaky virus labs engaging in gain of function experiments throws a monkey wrench into the works. (Or possibly a monkey virus?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness