Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:04 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times

Advertisements

Ah, the republicans want to live under fascism.... well the truth is that both democrats and republicans win under marshall law. After all, who else can save us from our own politicians? Thats right, suckers! Our own politicians. And you buy it, because who do you keep voting for? Thats right, the same guys and gals who talk a good game on the campaign trail but that talk somehow never materializes to action once in office. Oh, but its the 'other' guys fault, right? I've said it once and I'll say it again --- if the US ends up as a totalitarian regime, we have noone but ourselves and both parties to blame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 10:43 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
It took exactly three posts for a hijacker to turn this thread into a "Republicans will save America from the Democrats" cavalcade.
AND IT ONLY took the first reply to spread the propaganda about ALL Republicans are evil,funny how Democrats refuse to see themselves as the very same thing they accuse Republicans as being.

Democrats are not the party of peace,understanding,equal rights and love they claim to be.In fact they have the ability to be racist,nannying,violent tyrants as much as they accuse Repubs of being.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:59 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,716,443 times
Buy gold if you people are really preparing for armageddon. A big piece of gold 2000 years ago would buy you a nice robe and a great pair of sandals. A big piece of gold today will buy you a nice suit and some shiny italian shoes.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:40 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,159 times
Ammo and toilet paper will be the new currency if things go south...

Bank on it. So to speak.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:02 PM

145 posts, read 247,266 times
"Do you expect riots and massive Civil Unrest when the economy crashes"

Of course not, Americans are sheep and we live in a Police State anyway.

Case in point: When Indymac crashed there were long lines of elderly people forming in front of Indymac branches all over California trying to withdraw their savings. The banks authorities were not coming forth to make any public announcements in order to calm these mostly desperately worried senior citizens so therefore the poor old geezers started getting really nervous & rowdy. By rowdy I mean they started whining & bitching out loud.

So what happened?. SCORES OF SHERIFFS descended on Indymac branches and stood before the doors threatening to arrest anyone who "altered the peace". What a degrading and disgusting spectacle!. Big, brawny uniformed cops hulking over poor senior citizens menacingly simply because the poor geezers were claiming what was rightfully theirs to begin with.

Flashback to Argentina when the same thing happened over there: people were smashing bank windows and destroying office branches left & right.

No my friend: the average American is so used to taking it up the you-know-what that they've lost any sense of feeling in that anatomical area of their body nowadays.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:11 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,802,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talibanic View Post
"Do you expect riots and massive Civil Unrest when the economy crashes"

Of course not, Americans are sheep and we live in a Police State anyway.

Case in point: When Indymac crashed there were long lines of elderly people forming in front of Indymac branches all over California trying to withdraw their savings. The banks authorities were not coming forth to make any public announcements in order to calm these mostly desperately worried senior citizens so therefore the poor old geezers started getting really nervous & rowdy. By rowdy I mean they started whining & bitching out loud.

So what happened?. SCORES OF SHERIFFS descended on Indymac branches and stood before the doors threatening to arrest anyone who "altered the peace". What a degrading and disgusting spectacle!. Big, brawny uniformed cops hulking over poor senior citizens menacingly simply because the poor geezers were claiming what was rightfully theirs to begin with.

Flashback to Argentina when the same thing happened over there: people were smashing bank windows and destroying office branches left & right.

No my friend: the average American is so used to taking it up the you-know-what that they've lost any sense of feeling in that anatomical area of their body nowadays.
But the flaw in that is that the Police wont even be getting paid if things go south, they'll just join the rest of them rioting. Cities will fail.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
But the flaw in that is that the Police wont even be getting paid if things go south, they'll just join the rest of them rioting. Cities will fail.
No they won't. The praetorian guard is always paid from a separate money source in order to guarantee their continued protection, reinforcing the feeling among them that theirs is the only viable job option left anyway.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:16 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
We've been heading towards a police state for quite sometime, and I guarantee we will have one before long. At least half of the people in this country want a police state (Republicans all), they dont understand the words of Ben Franklin or our founding fathers, they will think they are safe with Blackwater on every corner, asking for I.D.'s at checkpoints.

And that is only the beginning of what is to come. The neocons have broken the military with non stop rotations to the killing fields of Iraq. That makes a "private" security force more likely to bring order and control, and the Blackwater boys luv 'em some violence, too.
The mayor where I live wanting to put up spy cameras is a democrat, how do you explain that ?

Old 09-22-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
The mayor where I live wanting to put up spy cameras is a democrat, how do you explain that ?
He's trying to get some up-skirt shots of the babes that walk by?

Old 09-22-2008, 01:19 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
It took exactly three posts for a hijacker to turn this thread into a "Republicans will save America from the Democrats" cavalcade.
I take it that you didn't bother to read post #2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness