Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 10:38 PM

23,064 posts, read 28,774,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
I read these postings and can only wonder what outside viewers on this forum think of many people in these threads. I'm almost embarassed for you guys. I should probably enjoy the humor though because apparently it won't be long before my internet access is curtailed by the evil liberals and our world descends into anarchy.
It's no secret the U.S. is the fear-of-dying-capital of the world. When faced with an empty stomach, I keep a gun around for such emergencies. Far up into the skies I go to join the chorus line of laughter at those trying to survive on this poor-excuse-for-a-planet.

Let's not forget the Internet. You can't hide anymore. The Hackers will come out of the woodwork to track down who has it and who doesn't have it, and they will find you, even if you're hiding in a tree or in a tunnel somewhere. All that planning and work for nothing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 09:29 AM

14 posts, read 24,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Let's not forget the Internet. You can't hide anymore. The Hackers will come out of the woodwork to track down who has it and who doesn't have it, and they will find you, even if you're hiding in a tree or in a tunnel somewhere. All that planning and work for nothing!
WV has had doom & gloom people at least back to the 70's when i fortunately got the **** out. They're still predicting doom & gloom.

Someday they gloat they were right, at the expenses of living a paranoid life in preparation only to have it snatched away by more intelligent people who actually experienced a fulfilling life!!

Old 06-08-2009, 02:09 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,350,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootch View Post
WV has had doom & gloom people at least back to the 70's when i fortunately got the **** out. They're still predicting doom & gloom.

Someday they gloat they were right, at the expenses of living a paranoid life in preparation only to have it snatched away by more intelligent people who actually experienced a fulfilling life!!
Keep dreaming. If you don't live here, you have no idea what you are talking about.

By-the-by, why do people who are hiding behind a computer feel the need to "drop-in" and try to denigrade people who are keeping their thoughts in their own state's site.

I have negative thoughts about the state I grew up in but don't feel the need to stop in there and try to put them down.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:36 PM

300 posts, read 817,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
I have negative thoughts about the state I grew up in but don't feel the need to stop in there and try to put them down.
Never posted in the state forum where I was born either. They have Mexican gang violence in their headlines so as far as I'm concerned, that's their dream of America (that plague of stupidity called political correctness) coming true for them.

As I am a citizen of the sovereign State of West Virginia, I want to extend this generosity to the former West Virginia's who feel their criticism is wanted, or useful . . and for that matter, anybody else that doesn't live here.

Last edited by Georgia; 06-08-2009 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Had to take the "F" word out, it was tough, but it is part of the TOS

Old 06-08-2009, 02:40 PM

967 posts, read 2,986,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red.ochre View Post
Never posted in the state forum where I was born either. They have Mexican gang violence in their headlines and as far as I'm concerned, that's their dream of America coming true for them, political correctness at its finest.

Especially for the former West Virginia's who no longer live in this state and yet still criticize it . .
I'll rep you before it gets removed!

Old 06-08-2009, 05:49 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,268,770 times
Those who 'drop in and give their 2 cents have a severe guilt problem...

They were weaklings who just couldn't make it here...and the truth being the truth...They are not making it where they are now!

All they have left within themselves is the power to Rant...and they do that proficiently!

Old 06-08-2009, 06:18 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,968,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post
I'll rep you before it gets removed!
me too!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:51 PM

2,015 posts, read 4,578,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Those who 'drop in and give their 2 cents have a severe guilt problem...

They were weaklings who just couldn't make it here...and the truth being the truth...They are not making it where they are now!

All they have left within themselves is the power to Rant...and they do that proficiently!
You are entitled to your opinion but from my view it isn't accurate.

I certainly don't have a severe guilt problem because I left West Virginia..nor do any of my siblings. I have posted a variety of helpful information on this forum and just because some of you don't agree with it doesn't mean it is incorrect. I did after all live in the state for 22 years (longer than quite a few on here) and it hasn't exactly changed a lot in the 5 since I left.

You have absolutely no way of knowing whether people have made it or not. I can assure you I'm doing quite well here in the DC area and so are many other people I've met that used to live in West Virginia.

And what would this forum be without a few good rants here and there. I've greatly enjoyed some of yours in the past.

Last edited by NOVAmtneer82; 06-08-2009 at 09:18 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 08:57 PM

2,015 posts, read 4,578,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Keep dreaming. If you don't live here, you have no idea what you are talking about.

By-the-by, why do people who are hiding behind a computer feel the need to "drop-in" and try to denigrade people who are keeping their thoughts in their own state's site.

You are under no obligation to do so but unfortunately there are no such rules against it in the terms of service. Surely you've never gone without saying a negative word about your former home, whether it's on here or in conversation with other people. It's all about perspectives and opinions...and for better or worse there are A LOT of them.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:46 AM

300 posts, read 817,533 times
West Virginia Celebrates National Fishing and Boating Week June 6-14 Free Fishing Weekend June 13-14

National Fishing and Boating Week 2009 will be highlighted by the 20th annual Free Fishing Weekend on June 13 and 14, according to Frank Jezioro, Director of the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources (DNR). During these two days, residents and nonresidents can fish in West Virginia without a license.

" + theTitle + " (http://www.mapwv.gov/website/dnr/viewer.htm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness