Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2020, 12:17 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The ((('Protocols....'))) explains what really could happen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvadim View Post
Lol of course it's the "jooooz".

Honestly, how inferior and helpless do you consider yourself that you think you're such a pawn with no control over your life? I mean you can't even come out and say what you mean without resorting to some ((())) cryptononsense.
I understand your confusion, somewhat, but Kavalier is mocking the conspiracy theorists who think the Jews are the cause of all hatred and poverty in the world, not promoting them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2020, 06:55 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
The Black Death brought about important and positive changes in society that left most of the decimated territory better
And it too came from the East and moved to the West
Came from fleas to rats to humans
So lot of similarities

Old 03-01-2020, 08:25 AM

7,253 posts, read 5,126,001 times
I just noticed this thread was started 11 yrs ago.....Shouldn't the title be changed to "The Big Collapse Could Be Very NearER?"

Old 03-01-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
I just noticed this thread was started 11 yrs ago.....Shouldn't the title be changed to "The Big Collapse Could Be Very NearER?"
Not really. Two things can be very near each other for a very long time, without crossing or diverging. Like railroad rails.

In the case of the nearness of collapse, it has gotten somewhat closer a few times, and slightly further a few times, but because of the massive debt in every facet of society, we are never really that far from collapse.

I have seen some analysis, recently, that indicates we may be near a stagflation event, if this new Covid-19 virus continues to hinder China's and other countries' manufacturing production. Not a collapse, but times could get a lot tougher than they have been for the past 3 years.

Old 03-01-2020, 03:38 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,900,190 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PkgiZDSmh0 (trailer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz79sd_SDA (full documentary)

"A decade after the 2008 financial crisis, Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, Henry Paulson, Ben Bernanke, Timothy Geithner, and more speak out as they never have before.

Panic: The Untold Story of the 2008 Financial Crisis"

Old 03-02-2020, 04:46 AM

(Caveat: I didn't watch the videos, so I don't know what story they are telling today.)
Those who were watching closely when it happened know how close the world came to a complete financial system meltdown. Almost no one knows we came very close to repeating it, around 2014.

Old 03-02-2020, 07:36 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,900,190 times
The first video is the trailer. Easy to watch (about one minute).

Old 03-05-2020, 09:55 AM

7,253 posts, read 5,126,001 times
I didn't watch the video either, and I'm certainly not an expert on economics, but here's my take on the collapse of '08--

It was brought about by excessively lenient screening of mortgage seekers. The point came where an unacceptable number of loans went into default, putting pressure on the banks who no longer had adequate funds in reserve.

The solution all the economic genii came up with was to bail out the banks: taxpayer money to bolster the accounts. As a result, a gazillion homes went into foreclosure, flooding the RE market and forcing down prices. We all lost 1/4th the value of our homes, but the banks remained intact.

Couldn't his all have been avoided if the bailout money had gone to the homeowners instead of the banks, and then forwarded to the banks to balance those accounts. Those in default could have remained in their homes and kept them off the market, thus preserving the value.

Sum total-- same amount of lost taxpayer money, but no fall in RE values and no people forced out of their homes.

But then, I don't think The Elephant Man looks anything at all like an elephant either. Maybe I'm the stupid one.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:01 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvadim View Post
Lol of course it's the "jooooz".

Honestly, how inferior and helpless do you consider yourself that you think you're such a pawn with no control over your life? I mean you can't even come out and say what you mean without resorting to some ((())) cryptononsense.
Can't mention the unmentionables. It's banworthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
I didn't watch the video either, and I'm certainly not an expert on economics, but here's my take on the collapse of '08--

It was brought about by excessively lenient screening of mortgage seekers. The point came where an unacceptable number of loans went into default, putting pressure on the banks who no longer had adequate funds in reserve.

The solution all the economic genii came up with was to bail out the banks: taxpayer money to bolster the accounts. As a result, a gazillion homes went into foreclosure, flooding the RE market and forcing down prices. We all lost 1/4th the value of our homes, but the banks remained intact.

Couldn't his all have been avoided if the bailout money had gone to the homeowners instead of the banks, and then forwarded to the banks to balance those accounts. Those in default could have remained in their homes and kept them off the market, thus preserving the value.

Sum total-- same amount of lost taxpayer money, but no fall in RE values and no people forced out of their homes.

But then, I don't think The Elephant Man looks anything at all like an elephant either. Maybe I'm the stupid one.
The people in charge of this country hate Americans (specifically the American middle-class). And I mean HATE them.

How else could anyone explain their masochistic policies that are completely cancerous to the middle class?

Old 03-05-2020, 11:13 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Can't mention the unmentionables. It's banworthy.

The people in charge of this country hate Americans (specifically the American middle-class). And I mean HATE them.

How else could anyone explain their masochistic policies that are completely cancerous to the middle class?
You referring to the Trump administration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness