Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2021, 07:18 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Must be quite a few bored people in here. Most of them have told me in the past not to pay attention to the small electric motors in bass boats.

One of the ones in here now has completely contradicted himself and no one even bothered to call him on it.
When one of those motors sputters past, you don't rise to the bait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 03:06 AM

8,922 posts, read 4,626,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
When one of those motors sputters past, you don't rise to the bait.
Generally true, but I guess a couple of the regulars in here were bored.
LoL.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:39 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,863,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Generally true, but I guess a couple of the regulars in here were bored.
LoL.

I had my fun but it's not worth anymore. I don't want a meaningful thread to get totally derailed and ruined.

Just because the collapse hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't. That what people don't understand. It's inevitable, it's merely a matter of timing and severity.

Old 03-07-2021, 09:35 AM

728 posts, read 302,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post

I had my fun but it's not worth anymore. I don't want a meaningful thread to get totally derailed and ruined.

Just because the collapse hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't. That what people don't understand. It's inevitable, it's merely a matter of timing and severity.

What are the chances of the Collapse happening after you are dead? If you are not living close to the edge, you are taking up too much space.

Old 03-07-2021, 01:56 PM

8,922 posts, read 4,626,235 times
Quote:

Concur.

And those who keep pointing out "this is a 10 year old thread" have absolutely no idea how long things can sputter along, even when they are insolvent. How long does a predator stalk its prey?

Old 03-07-2021, 03:25 PM

17,773 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:

Yes, somewhere between now and the time the sun becomes a red giant....

The collapse will occur.

That is a certainty.

Old 03-07-2021, 06:38 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,607,688 times
BIBLICALLY IT IS way PAST BEGUN & reaching the end times.

& no, not like everyone said the Romans falling & were b/c -- THIS folks is the coup de grace not a dress rehearsal folks.

Ok well carry on shopping, spending, partyin UNTIL -- SHOWTIME & THEN -- oops unprepared is 'failure to plan & so is PLANNING TO FAIL'! Cliche u betcha... but sage & real wisdom -- priceless!

Old 03-07-2021, 06:41 PM

915 posts, read 1,624,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
BIBLICALLY IT IS way PAST BEGUN & reaching the end times.

& no, not like everyone said the Romans falling & were b/c -- THIS folks is the coup de grace not a dress rehearsal folks.

Ok well carry on shopping, spending, partyin UNTIL -- SHOWTIME & THEN -- oops unprepared is 'failure to plan & so is PLANNING TO FAIL'! Cliche u betcha... but sage & real wisdom -- priceless!
as in the days of Noah.........

Old 03-30-2021, 01:13 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo Gibby View Post
I'm going to call bull manure on this. Your observations are obviously colored by your prejudices which include romanticizing of rural life while demonizing of urban life.
My observations are colored by how I live my lifestyle.

I live within an 'echo-chamber' filled with others like me who also small-scale farm.

Your prejudices are clearly anti-selfsufficiency.

Quote:
... Most "rural people" producing "food" are commercial farmers growing crops or livestock for sale to large food processors
So you do agree that rural is where food is produced.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:38 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
My observations are colored by how I live my lifestyle.

I live within an 'echo-chamber' filled with others like me who also small-scale farm.

Your prejudices are clearly anti-selfsufficiency.

So you do agree that rural is where food is produced.

Thank you for agreeing with me.
I'm not expecting anything positive or helpful from this new member. This bull in the china shop has nothing to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness