Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 06:57 PM

641 posts, read 2,370,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
For what it's worth, I just had pizza delivered to our home for the first time a few weeks ago from Domino's, and I gave the driver a $15 tip because he was "cute" (I'll admit that I've been a bit too lonely as of late!) LOL!
Woah, little bit too much information, sparky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 06:59 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Sometimes I would like to hold back if they forget to bring parmesan cheese or say that I didn't ask for any (I did) but don't want to seem petty.

it says on our driver slip all of what we are supposed to bring extra...like drinks or the parmasean cheese or crushed peppers.......and we dont know what goes on when you are on the phone with the person at the store unless we took the call......but yeah that is usually a mistake by that person at the store for not entering in the item you wanted......it could be either they are new and dont know the computer system good enough yet and are tring to keep up the pace with a customer who is wondering why this person is taking more than five seconds to put in what i asked for just now......or it could be that they are being yelled at by the boss to put stickers up while they are taking your order....in which they probably just made the mistake of not entering in the parmasean.......but usually if its someone who's been at the store for a while .....they will know exactly how to enter in extra items and they wont forget to because then the computer system is second nature to them....

Old 06-26-2007, 07:07 PM

2,071 posts, read 12,016,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Are you saying that you tip $8.00 for a medium pizza with two toppings and a side of wings? If you tip over 50%, you've got me beat by a long shot. Maybe I've misunderstood your post.
Like I said, time is money. There are days you don't feel like cooking, and it's easier for me to have food delivered. And it's only when I have the extra money to do so. At least delivery people are making an HONEST living and working below minimum wage - not to mention driving their own car and using the gas. Give the kids a break, and if you order from the same place, they'll remember you.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:09 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
Woah, little bit too much information, sparky
Ruff, ruff!

Old 06-26-2007, 07:10 PM

I know most people tip by percentage...that's a good way to do it.....for me personally i tip with what i feel at the moment but never leave nothing even with bad service.....i dont know what my server is going through.....unless i go to the same place and each time on a consistant basis the same waiter is treating me bad then i dont leave a tip at all.......but yeah if ive just finished dinner and the waiter made me feel good just by doing a good job...(not dancing around like a circus monkey)......i usually just tip what i feel....ive given 30 dollars to a waiter once and i left with no other money on me or in my bank since im kinda poor.....but i gave him all the rest because i felt so good after eating there.....i dont really care too much about money as long as ive payed my bills off....

Old 06-26-2007, 07:49 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,297,599 times
I tip the driver if my order was brought to me in a timely manner...AND as I ordered it...if the order is different then what I asked for...then I don't tip...its that simple.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:06 PM

2,071 posts, read 12,016,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I tip the driver if my order was brought to me in a timely manner...AND as I ordered it...if the order is different then what I asked for...then I don't tip...its that simple.
It may not be the drivers fault - and they shouldn't be faulted.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:00 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
well on to the racial thing........i deliver in the tourist area in Lake Buena Vista.....and i meet all kinds of nationalities on thier vacations.......and ive worked in the Deltona store too up in a more local type of area.....well the norm is that most black people do not tip......and that is not being racist ....its just a fact.......ive gotten good tips from some black people......like this guy that had gold teeth all in his mouth with tatoos all over.....he gave me 10 dollars and i was really happy..........but most of the time i deliver to a black person they will not tip and some ask for thier 15 cents of coins back...its terrible......but other than those 2 races ive had terrible attitudes from all other races to...and terrible tips ....but they are the majority in this kinda mentallity

I'm not a pizza delivery person but I can guarantee one thing- its not a racial issue- it's a regional difference. Im from Florida and I'm well aware of the areas you just mentioned. In some of the poorer areas, I don't think people understand how 'eating out' and 'tipping' works.

The problem with your statement is that you couldn't apply what you just said to a black person in a middle class area. Race alone doesn't determine that a person will tip or not. Becareful of making sweeping generalizations like that. What tends to happen is you will only notice it MORE because that's what you choose to believe and you'll overlook circumstances when the stereotype doesn't hold true.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
The problem with your statement is that you couldn't apply what you just said to a black person in a middle class area. Race alone doesn't determine that a person will tip or not. Becareful of making sweeping generalizations like that. What tends to happen is you will only notice it MORE because that's what you choose to believe and you'll overlook circumstances when the stereotype doesn't hold true.
I really don't want to argue with anyone...but u can't say anything until you have worked for tips and i dont hate black people at all...i love thier culture and thier history....it brings diversity to the world....it is true that most of my black customers dont tip....for whatever reason they have....and im not being a racist on this....i still tip a black waiter or waitress even if i dont get tipped by the "majority" of black people....i go to Tabu nightclub on wednesday's if that tells you anythin...i do not hate black people at all....i understand thier struggles in our society .....i am white and can never say ive been in thier position when it comes to the cops or any other kinda discrimination, but i am just saying that for whatever reason it is that most of them do not tip....whether its not being taught as a kid or thinking that they are too poor to tip in some cases or whatever ....i understand when they dont tip and i do get frustrated but i also think of them as an individual also and not just a race ..and maybe they dont have the money ....but all i know is that i was raised that if i didnt have money to leave a tip...then i did not order food.....thats it..plain and simple

Old 06-27-2007, 02:14 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,297,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
It may not be the drivers fault - and they shouldn't be faulted.
Sorry, I don't tip if I get bad service...not just pizza guys but anywhere.

If the order is written down wrong...then of course I don't fault the driver for that...but if everything is written correctly on my receipt AND the food is still wrong...thats their problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products