Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 11:10 AM

938 posts, read 1,228,891 times

Advertisements

Recently got a letter stating to mail $39 to a location and be approved for a $10,000 credit line with Workers protective Credit Union. A scam out of Texas that has been running now for years without being stopped. You have got to be kidding that the Postmaster cannot get to these thieves. I hear everyday of people being ripped off I just can't believe that its by a method that is as clear through as a plastic bag. C'mon Mr. Postmaster General get on the stick. This just plain stinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 01:03 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,169,137 times
This is probably more appropriate for the Shopping and Consumer Products forum than the Philly forum. I'm moving it there.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:57 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
Recently got a letter stating to mail $39 to a location and be approved for a $10,000 credit line with Workers protective Credit Union. A scam out of Texas that has been running now for years without being stopped. You have got to be kidding that the Postmaster cannot get to these thieves. I hear everyday of people being ripped off I just can't believe that its by a method that is as clear through as a plastic bag. C'mon Mr. Postmaster General get on the stick. This just plain stinks.
Sometimes it takes the first person to alert the Post Office so they can be on the look-out. I would take it down to your closest PO and turn it in with the envelope if you still have it.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:36 PM

Default What scam will they think of next?

The flood to the internet of phony offers is unbelievable. Probably like most I delete before I read and many are fairly obvious. The medication offers now are the new feeding frenzy and something to enlarge every part of your body except your brain - take that back there's a memory enhancement potion. If I took everything I was offered: 1) I wouldn't be able to put my pants on; 2) My hair would be standing up -- what I now have anyway; 3) I'd have to take one of the formula's just so I wouldn't forget to take the other 10 capsules; 4) I might start looking like a well endowed Gia Pet. They play on one's concern for: wealth, appearance and suitability. I love the one's that indicate the FBI or Your money is waiting all I need is for you to advance me a few dollars. Do you think maybe Wimpy is behind all this?

Old 05-12-2011, 04:16 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,515,106 times
This got me to review the Wikipedia article the United States Post Office and I came across this in their section regarding their law enforcement capabilities,

Quote:
The USPIS has the power to enforce the USPS monopoly by conducting search and seizure raids on entities they suspect of sending non-urgent mail through overnight delivery competitors. According to the American Enterprise Institute, a private conservative think tank, the USPIS raided Equifax offices in 1993 to ascertain if the mail they were sending through Federal Express was truly "extremely urgent." It was found that the mail was not, and Equifax was fined $30,000.
So I'm legally not allowed to send grandma's birthday card overnight?

Old 05-29-2011, 06:38 AM

Default Internet Scam Posters

Now understand I'm trying to be patient. Either your spelling needs to improve or your typing skills. How can I possibly take you serious if you can't spell what your trying to say. Next -- stop using Capital Letters -- its like your hollering at me. Howie Mandel once did a skit about speaking in a foreign country: "You talk louder and slower". Also, if I won the money you don't have to text me -- you can come to my home -- that way if I find your a scammer I can kick the Moderator cut: removed ---- . One last thing, did you know money isn't everything and those drugs you are selling only makes a day look good temporarily and that if I lost anymore weight I'd be invisible and about those sex items do you have any in a size quadruple EEEEEEEEEEEE.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 09-06-2011 at 07:42 PM..

Old 06-17-2011, 10:30 AM

Default You gotta be kiddin'

Periodically I go to my yahoo account to clean up the email. It's tragically funny. The salutations -- "Hello, Friend" - not unless your name is Johnny Cash; there's an ATM Card worth $800 which hasn't been picked up; or grow a certain area of your body' or lose weight quickly and I probably could eat out at every eatery known to man if I just would take the time to answer a few questions like what's my name and where do I bank. Can you picture this some African National sitting in a meeting composing a scheme to obtain money and one of them says I gotta idea let's tell them they won money? I really, really would like to be able to reply to each of them that I'm a voodoo chief and that unless they send their messages to all of their families and friends their head is going to shrink to the size of their brain which in most cases resemble a marshmallow anyway. Sorry but it really gets under my skin.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:53 PM

Default Another new scam!!!!

Opened the internet today and I now get a message simply stating -- "Hi?" and more messages with spelling that is pretty bad offering everything from a psychology degree to discounts on a variety of products but the spelling is so amateurish and ignorant you can tell its some new scam. I wish I could retain their email addresses in a separate account and everytime I receive junk mail I could just mass forward it back to these bands of idiots but then I guess I'd be as bad as them -- hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Anyone know how I can do it without opening the message -- never mind its not worth it -- unless its real easy. Kidding. Just in case you wish to contact me my email address is: udrtyrats@takegas.com.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:33 PM

Default New Twist on Old Scam

"Publishers Clearing House - Winner Notification". They're back but have no fear this Foreign National can't even spell Money -- He spells it "MONY" - doesn't he know that is the Mutual of New York -- an insurance company and besides if I won all that money I want all the glitter -- Van pulling up to the door, flowers and a gigantic check or they can keep their money. Honestly can't these guys get a job.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:28 PM

Default Ever taste an air bubble?

In a post earlier this year, I commented on some of the things we pay for and how it comfounds me why we do. We buy pure spring water -- were you there when they bottled it. Air at the Gas Suppliers -- I can't say gas stations. Well this one tops any thing I can imagine. Are you ready -- here goes -- "Hershey's Air Delight - cool huh. They have finally determined a way to charge you for air - chocolate air at that - I wonder if vanilla air will cost less. Now understand where those bubbles are Chocolate use to be does this mean you are getting less product -- I think so. Now here is all I have to say do you remember when our kids use to get away with that little white lie well its not so little anymore and it certainly isn't white now its chocolate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products