Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times

Advertisements

Yes, we must all mob a person with free meatballs, all fifty of us, with our kids, must corral around a 3 foot table to get our free soy based meatball in sweet and sour sauce. It is part of the Costco culture. You are obviously not part of our culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 02:00 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,678,621 times
Carry two small bungee cords. When you go to the store, go direct to where the office furniture is located. Grab one of those chair mats (the one with the hundreds of plastic grabbers) and fold it floor side out so the spiky grabbers create a shield around the front of the cart. Go shopping and don;'t worry about people blocking the aisles as one tap of the cart on their fat behinds blocking the aisles will send them running.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:49 AM

2,245 posts, read 4,231,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
If you already know why they do it then why did you ask us?
I do not know why. Do you know why they're thinking about shoving food in their face and they don't care that others around them are inconvenienced?

Old 11-09-2010, 07:35 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
You've mentioned "shoving food in their face" twice now as opposed to "sampling food"....or "waiting for a taste" or whatever.....what else is making you so angry? Honestly - it's annoying to me too to have to work my cart around people - not just at Costco but at any grocery store (when someone is sampling or when someone parks their cart in the middle of the aisle even just to read the labels)...but I simply wait for a minute, say "excuse me" and people never fail to move their cart. I move on down the aisle and forget about it. You are really worked up about this...?

Old 11-10-2010, 05:18 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
I do not know why. Do you know why they're thinking about shoving food in their face and they don't care that others around them are inconvenienced?
I already told you what I think your options are.

Try not to get so worked up over what other people do. You can't control them. You CAN control how you react to it. Ultimately who is made miserable by this? You. Why are you letting these people upset you so much? Don't give them so much power.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:26 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,073 times
I have shopped at Costco for years and it's always been the same. My DH did ask Costco mgmt. if they could set up all the free samples at the back of the store but they told him they couldn't. The servers have to be near the isle where the food is located.
I agree, it's annoying but I still shop there. The worse day is Sunday. The whole family comes in after church and has a free brunch

Old 11-10-2010, 12:41 PM

24,463 posts, read 25,995,249 times
^^ Funny, I don't think many folks would go for brunch, no champagne samples.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:14 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,119,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
I agree, it's annoying but I still shop there. The worse day is Sunday. The whole family comes in after church and has a free brunch
Is there any relief in shopping during the week? I usually go on Sunday because my mom likes to go too and that's when I visit with her.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:02 PM

2,245 posts, read 4,231,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You've mentioned "shoving food in their face" twice now as opposed to "sampling food"....or "waiting for a taste" or whatever.....what else is making you so angry? Honestly - it's annoying to me too to have to work my cart around people - not just at Costco but at any grocery store (when someone is sampling or when someone parks their cart in the middle of the aisle even just to read the labels)...but I simply wait for a minute, say "excuse me" and people never fail to move their cart. I move on down the aisle and forget about it. You are really worked up about this...?
No, you don't understand. I cannot work my cart around, because the line of people from the opposing direction backs up and just as soon as one person finishes shoving food in their face, the next person moves forward to begin shoving food in their face.

I honestly try to avoid shopping at Costco during the day to simply avoid all the obese brood sows using their Costco shopping trip as a free buffet.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
all the obese brood sows using their Costco shopping trip as a free buffet.
Ahhh... the real issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products