Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 04:07 AM

415 posts, read 1,772,111 times

Advertisements

I picked up a couple of items with relative ease at a great price on black friday.

How are the deals the day after christmas? Are the discounts comparable? Or is BF truly the best day for steep discounts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 05:53 AM

214 posts, read 703,518 times
Black Friday or Cyber Monday, I dont think it gets any steeper discounted than that.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:25 PM

31 posts, read 112,250 times
Amazon is having a "cyber weeks sale" for the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. They are having some pretty good deals. Some of their lightning deals are even better than the Black Friday deals!
Cyber Week Deals at Amazon.com

Old 12-04-2010, 09:53 AM

15,935 posts, read 20,899,784 times
Deepest deals are usually black Friday, but after C'mas discounts usually give you a broader range of products to choose from.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:38 AM

1,179 posts, read 3,793,474 times
It seems to me that while there are good deals on Black Friday, the specific models I'm interested in are either not as great a deal, or sold out. Last few years I've thought the sales were better a couple of days before and after Christmas for at least what I'm looking at.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:14 AM

26 posts, read 88,604 times
I used to suggest having Christmas after everyone else(I'd didn't happen, I guess it was a cheap idea, pardon the pun). So we could shop for gifts for one another and splurge a bit more. I personally think after Christmas is best, mostly because Black Friday seems like a bait and switch. They raise the prices slowly over a few months, then drop it down to lower prices and call it a sale. While, after Christmas becomes the slow season for most stores and they are trying to sell more desperately.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:43 PM

7,569 posts, read 6,016,015 times
I think after Christmas, but keep in mind, many items will be sold out by then.
I looked over the BF ads, and I have encountered the bait and switches as well. What gets me, and perhaps I am NOT The only one who notices thism, but the Ads from places like Walmart, Best Buy etc offer cheap garbage really cheap during the "Doorbusters" like laptops under $200...if you want to throw $200 away on a cheap crummy HP then go ahead, but when it breaks in two months, you are out $200
I'd see what is on clearance after Christmas...may not be as much seletion but prices usually are better

Old 11-13-2011, 08:53 PM

7 posts, read 48,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedstrong15 View Post
I used to suggest having Christmas after everyone else(I'd didn't happen, I guess it was a cheap idea, pardon the pun). So we could shop for gifts for one another and splurge a bit more. I personally think after Christmas is best, mostly because Black Friday seems like a bait and switch. Swiss Replica Watches Replica Watches
Swiss Replica Watch
They raise the prices slowly over a few months, then drop it down to lower prices and call it a sale. While, after Christmas becomes the slow season for most stores and they are trying to sell more desperately.
Yeah, I agree, I usually buy stuff after Christmas. It's true many of the items are sold out, but for bargain hunters there is no better time.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:19 AM

44,541 posts, read 61,201,075 times
This year there are no specific hot items so retailers are going to be offering great deals on many different items through out the holidays until at least the middle of January. Black friday deals are usually limited to a certain amount in stock, but I've found in the past those same items pop up time to time during the holiday period at the same low price. Especially in the electronics field.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:29 AM

43,854 posts, read 50,853,077 times
I've been monitoring these sales for years.

The day after Christmas, reflecting after holiday discounts, is better IF and only IF....what you were looking to buy is still available. So, it is a judgement call. If you have something you want within a specific brand or model, then waiting can be a problem, but if you are extremely flexible....it's best to wait.

Black Friday and Cyber Monday are designed to get people into the door for holiday shopping. Hopefully, those people will buy other products to make up for the profit loss they are advertising on select items. You not only have to know what you want and be there as early as possible, but be very disciplined, to make these sales work for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products