Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2010, 06:19 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times

Advertisements

Zappos was, I believe, bought out by Amazon. Too bad it has gone downhill.
It used to be that I could order a pair of shoes on one day, and the next day I would receive them. Now it seems to take about 4 days. There is no incentive to order from them anymore. Their "free shipping" caused their shoes to be about $10. more than other places, but the speed of delivery made it worth it. Not any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 07:24 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,266 times
Agreed I bought from them a lot in the past but their prices are noticeably more and the shipping isn't fast anymore.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:26 PM

415 posts, read 1,779,443 times
Shipping prices have risen dramatically in the last few years, so it's understandable.

They have an amazing selection and probably the best customer service I've seen.

They're not great for shoes you can find easily elsewhere at a discount, but if you're looking for shoes that are hard to find/relatively rare, zappos is still very good.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:53 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,529,294 times
they have an amazing selection if you have wide feet.....but I have not bought any for a year or so.....I'll be very upset if they have gone downhill with their speedy delivery, etc.....

Old 11-18-2010, 06:05 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
Really? I haven't looked lately, that is not good news. They have had such a great reputation.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 5,072 times
Agreed. Zappos is no longer worth it. I have been a loyal customer for at least 8 years. In the past, I always, ALWAYS, received by shoes the next day. No more. This time they didn't even ship for 2 days. I called customer service to see what the problem was. They said that perhaps they were not able to upgrade my shipping due to volume of orders on that day and suggested I order from VIP Zappos instead where next day delivery is guaranteed. After hanging up the phone I received two e-mails from Zappos: one congratuating me on my free shipping upgrade (which I didn't receive) and one telling me I should have ordered from VIP Zappos. They obviously have their shoes up their you-know- whas. Once my order finally arrives, it will go back immediately. I could have ordered the item more cheaply from England and the wait wouldn't have been much longer.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:08 AM

273 posts, read 957,315 times
Kelly's and Holabird have done a good job on athletic shoes through the mail (now web) over the years.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:45 AM

672 posts, read 2,113,924 times
VIP Zappos is the way to go. I ordered a pair of shoes yesterday morning (Sunday) and they were at my doorstep at lunch today.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:22 AM

10 posts, read 22,195 times
Being a former employee of Zappos, it really saddens me to read the comments, because I know what a downhill slide Zappos is on. I left about a year ago, because DH and I had to move to save his job, and I still feel a loyalty to the company after working there for almost 6 years. I have heard comments at my new job about how they love Zappos but are way too expensive now, and the shipping is now worse.

In fact, I can't even afford to shop there anymore, and I can still get discounts. Yeah, the VIP section is nice, but soon that will be gone from what I have heard, but that is just a rumor. So, who knows......

I hope it gets better for them, they are still the best company I have ever worked for, and I miss them greatly, but I have been told that I got out at the right time.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:47 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,545,426 times
I don't have any problems with zappos. For the types of shoes I buy, their prices compare with other major retailers such as Nordstrom.

I have "vip" status and always get my shoes within 2 days of my order, depending what time of day I order.

Waiting 2-3 days for an order seems very reasonable to me, given that free shipping on amazon is anywhere from 5-9 business days.

Also, I recently ordered a sweater and it arrived with a hole in it.

I called customer service, was quickly connected to a live person who immediately had a replacement shipped out (which arrived 2 days later), and I was given a $30 coupon to use toward a future purchase.

I have zero complaints with zappos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products