Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Walmart or Target??
Walmart 10 11.90%
Target 59 70.24%
Both are great 10 11.90%
Neither. They both suck. 5 5.95%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 03:29 PM

861 posts, read 1,124,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Cant stand either one of the places.
Dont see what is so special about target

wal mart , well you just expect trash
Walmart has reasonable prices but I don't too much care for the walmart atmosphere....so hostile can even turn my cart w/o hitting somebody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 03:53 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
I shop at Walmart. In TN and FL where I stay there is no Target. There has never been one in TN and the one on FL shut down. Walmart is also cheaper for the same products and they will match prices to any circular you can find. I love the one stop shopping.

I would say that both stores carry about 90% the same items...the same pet food, the same dry food, the same condiments, the same small kitchen appliances, the same health and beauty items, the same prescriptions, the same bestseller books and magazines, the same candy, the same paper goods, the same cleaning supplies, the same Hallmark cards, the same batteries, the same gas stabilizer, the same oil for cars, the same board games.

The only difference in the items that are sold are some of the home decor which I don't care for in either store and the clothing. Again I don't care for that either but I can buy my hubby's Hane's shirts underwear and socks at both.

Targets look cleaner but probably because the ones I have been into are always empty, lol. They don't have anywhere near the same number of customers per day. The demographics are also different. Walmart is "all" America and they are all over. Target is for the people who insist that Target or "Targee" sells better things than Walmart when for the most part they sell the same items for more money.

My local Walmart used to be really good and then they changed it to a Super Walmart and now the selection is much smaller. I don't like going there anymore but the one in FL is good. The worst Walmart as far as employees was in Naples FL. I have never seen so many grumpy people in one place...I even wrote the company.

In either of those stores I have dealt with good and bad employees...the same as a Lowe's or a Home Depot. American employees are the same everywhere. Some are good and some are bad.

As for returns.....Walmart is easy. Target I had to return a pair of $20.00 flip flops because they made the tops of my feet bleed. So first I was ticked I had to pay $20.00 for flip flops, then I had to make a return trip to a store I rarely go to, and then I had to deal with a grumpy girl at the returns desk

Yeah...don't act so high and mighty. Stores are only good as the management and the employees..and I see the future looking rather dim in that area.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:54 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,889 times
Target.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
Walmart has reasonable prices but I don't too much care for the walmart atmosphere....so hostile can even turn my cart w/o hitting somebody

That seems to happen in any store these days. People are just inconsiderate.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:10 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,101,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
agree , its just an unpleasant atmosphere
seems the people who work there are miserable
and it takes any enjoyment out of a shopping trip

on the positive side, i guess they have good prices on some items
just kind of miss the old fashioned days
when you went to the market for food you went to the grocer
when you needed shoes usually twice year you went to a shoe store
when you needed an electrical device you went to sears or wards

we have become a country of lazy consumers
one stop shop for all

Old 09-05-2011, 07:12 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,101,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
That seems to happen in any store these days. People are just inconsiderate.
oh too funny , and then you have the person who is talking on the cell phone in line.

usually they talk so someone could hear them in the next city

Old 09-06-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
we have become a country of lazy consumers
one stop shop for all
Hubby and I were just talking about this and how big business has crushed the small guys. So many businesses have gone out because of big guys.

I don't think we can go back especially with gas prices the way they are.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:52 AM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Hubby and I were just talking about this and how big business has crushed the small guys. So many businesses have gone out because of big guys.
Actually, 'so many businesses have gone out because of big guys' is incorrect.

The small guys have gone out of business because of the PEOPLE that stopped shopping there.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:02 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

The small guys have gone out of business because of the PEOPLE that stopped shopping there.
This^^^^^

Old 09-06-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

Not in the auto business. Years ago we had gas stations and small guy repair shops all over. Then the car dealerships starting changing the cars to more electronics making each car very different and pushing the little guy out because it was too costly to repair all cars. Now for the most part you have to go back to the dealership.

I was also very saddened when I went back to NY. I could taste the food from the old Deli's and Bakery's from when I was a kid. Now...they are all gone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products