Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Walmart or Target??
Walmart 10 11.90%
Target 59 70.24%
Both are great 10 11.90%
Neither. They both suck. 5 5.95%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 09:52 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,683,090 times

Advertisements

I found most my sales at Target.
Where else Walmart, their markdown on sales is not that good of a value I've found.

So Target hands down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 01:04 PM

19,506 posts, read 9,532,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyeats View Post
I found most my sales at Target.
Where else Walmart, their markdown on sales is not that good of a value I've found.

So Target hands down.
Did you know though that Walmart will match the price
of the competitor?

Old 09-27-2011, 08:05 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,341,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Did you know though that Walmart will match the price
of the competitor?
So will Target actually, so people who prefer that can just buy what they'd buy cheaper at Wal Mart at Target for the same price.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:38 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
too much trublre for me when i could just go to wall mart. Not much difference in these big box stores really;IMO.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:09 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,859,470 times
I think what Walmart shoppers really prefer is the wider selection. I've been to Target too many times when they didn't even care a basic product. The kind of things I found later at Walgreen's or the grocery store. Unless you know that Target sells a certain type of item, it is too hit or miss.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:39 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,042 times
I don't get the hype over Walmart. There isn't one in my area of Bergen County so I took a trip two weeks ago to one in Saddle Brook and man, what a waste of my gas ... I like Target MUCH better !

Old 09-30-2011, 03:19 PM

296 posts, read 638,380 times
what ever happened to Bradlees?

Old 10-11-2011, 09:46 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,990,441 times
Target no contest.

It's a much nicer shopping experience. I love kids but I've noticed that they seem to be less...wild in Target. Running between aisles and everywhere and just being obnoxious. And I mean that with everyone's kids. Not a specific race. It's just nicer not having to dodge a kid like a running back because Junior is about to run you down.

Checking out is SO much better. Walmart is pathetic when it comes to checking out. Everyone has a basket piled high and overflowing and 7 people are in line and only 5 lanes open? Yet associates are simply walking past you like it's no big deal Asking them to call for help gets you a "huh?" look like they don't understand you.

And I've never seen people scan your stuff slower. It's not rush but good grief! Molasses is a raging river compared to some Walmart checkers.

You ask, someone at Target stops their socializing and whips out their keys to open a register.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:47 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,117,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Target no contest.

It's a much nicer shopping experience. I love kids but I've noticed that they seem to be less...wild in Target. Running between aisles and everywhere and just being obnoxious. And I mean that with everyone's kids. Not a specific race. It's just nicer not having to dodge a kid like a running back because Junior is about to run you down.

Checking out is SO much better. Walmart is pathetic when it comes to checking out. Everyone has a basket piled high and overflowing and 7 people are in line and only 5 lanes open? Yet associates are simply walking past you like it's no big deal Asking them to call for help gets you a "huh?" look like they don't understand you.

And I've never seen people scan your stuff slower. It's not rush but good grief! Molasses is a raging river compared to some Walmart checkers.

You ask, someone at Target stops their socializing and whips out their keys to open a register.
This is all 100% my experience also, and why I shop at Target, especially my beautiful, spectacular Super Target. I don't understand the earlier post that said Target didn't have as good a variety? It's the opposite for me. And Target feels less like a "big box" when you walk in it's bright, shiny, clean with wide unobstructed aisles and nice dividers that make you feel more like you are in a department store. Target will also match anyone's print ad, too.
I have no reason to EVER set foot into Walmart again.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:28 AM

19,506 posts, read 9,532,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
This is all 100% my experience also, and why I shop at Target, especially my beautiful, spectacular Super Target. I don't understand the earlier post that said Target didn't have as good a variety? It's the opposite for me. And Target feels less like a "big box" when you walk in it's bright, shiny, clean with wide unobstructed aisles and nice dividers that make you feel more like you are in a department store. Target will also match anyone's print ad, too.
I have no reason to EVER set foot into Walmart again.
I guess that would depend on whether that person's area had a Target or a Super Target. So far, I've only been in a couple Super Targets that could be described in comparison to the others I've visited as a Super, Super Target.

Even some of the Targets that are considered Super Targets are remodeling. Bigger grocery aisles.
I find some things that I can't find in the Super Walmarts and vice-versa. Suppose it just depends on what one is looking for. I've been in some now-Super Targets that still aren't quite as nice as the current Super Targets. There are some really nice super Walmarts out there that have been nicer than a few of the Target or even super Targets that I've been to, thus far. It's kinda funny that I can't find some items in one of the Super Walmarts but if I happen to go later [later same day] to the one on the other side of town, I can find that item. I'm sure that happens when one shops anywhere these days. Well, I've found that to be the case, even when it comes to shopping the main clothing stores like JC Penney's, Macy's, et cetera.

Heading to/from work, I've only got the Super Walmart on that side of the town, so Walmart is convenient for me in that respect. The Super Target is about a 15 minute or more drive from the other side of where I live. Workdays I'm limited to Walmart, unless it's for groceries, I can sometimes make additional stops at either Weis or Martin's. I know Walmart carries those little packets [6] of cream cheese that I can't seem to find anywhere else. They're great for days when I want a bagel for breakfast. Convenient for me.

Last edited by cat1116; 10-12-2011 at 11:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products