Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 02:44 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Return Policy
We accept returns of unworn merchandise up to 60 days from the shipping date.
Google "Nordstroms return policy". Since we can't post links to other forums most state they will take care of the customers for years to come. Their return policy is highly liberal. In this economy ,more than ever, they need to retain any customer that walks through the door.

When I lived in NY, I bought suits at Barneys. If I had "any" problems they took care of it without a question of how the damage/failure/defect happened. Great customer service is taking care the customer.

As per the OP the items listed are not usual defects in fine suits. Pockets fraying is usually caused by carrying pointed items in the pockets or filddling with keys in the pocket. Cutting it off instead of having it sewn back was not a smart choice. As to the waistband, its failure is usually caused by weight gain. Tugging on it and stretching it beyond its capabilities will cause the seams to snap and the band to become unbound. Both could have easily rectified by any tailor (if you can find one). Nordstroms may not refund the trousers because of this, but they will give here more than reasonable options. What possibly will weigh in her favor is her actually being able to show that she was a long time customer and multiple transactions to prove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 04:32 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
If you take it back to Nordstrom's they will probably do at least something for you.

Morally, though, I don't think you should get anything. 2 years? You should have taken it back at the first sign of fraying. That would have been reasonable.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:22 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,479,708 times
If any retailer will help you, it's Nordstrom. If you google on the web and look around clothing/fashion enthusiast forums, you will know that they're famous for the stuff they take back.

Oh, and if they laugh in your face, a call to corporate would have their asses fired faster than the speed of light. That kind of treatment is irreconcilable with the Nordstrom corporate ethic.

Hickey Freeman are American-made suits. However, they're not worth more than $650. I've had good luck with Burberry suits.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:07 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
No, I don't think it's fair to return a suit after two years. There are some things you can't control in life and that is one of them. If you can afford to buy a Hickey Freeman suit then I'm certain it's not going to impact your bank account. I've bought suits in the past that were crap and I will never buy those suits again. Some of the Italian brands are horrible yet get a lot of attention for no reason.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:11 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
So, what happen with the suit, OP? Did you returned it??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products