Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 09:14 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,698,300 times

Advertisements

On Monday it's my parents' anniversary (32nd...I think ) and I'd like some ideas/suggestions for a good gift. I plan on taking them out for dinner and I really don't want to give a gift card (seems too impersonal). What do you think would be something nice?

My pop is suprising my mom with a new Lexus and I really can't top that (and don't want to try). She's getting him a new set of golf clubs and a new fancy golf bag that he's been drooling over for the past few weeks.

I'd like to get something that they could enjoy together but I really don't know what that could be. My dad surely wouldn't go to a spa and you couldn't get my mom on a golf course for anything. So I'm stumped...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 09:32 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
How about a weekend away at a country B & B?

Old 03-16-2007, 11:29 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
How about a ride in a hot air balloon??

Old 03-17-2007, 12:59 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times
If it's not too expensive for your pocketbook why not give you pop the golf course pass and treat your mom to a day at the spa. Giving them each something you know they would love would be good, if not better than a combined gift.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
How about a weekend away at a country B & B?
It doesn't sound like something they'd care for. Thanks though.

Quote:
How about a ride in a hot air balloon??
I thought about that but you my dad has a fear of heights. He's fine when he's in an enclosed airplane but I don't think you could get him in a hot air balloon

Quote:
If it's not too expensive for your pocketbook why not give you pop the golf course pass and treat your mom to a day at the spa. Giving them each something you know they would love would be good, if not better than a combined gift.
This is what I'm going to do if I run out of ideas for a couples-gift. This is my plan B.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:52 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,490,633 times
***How about buying them beautiful wine glasses/goblets (gold rimmed, crystal...whathaveyou) and while you're out at that restuarant, have the wine poured into those glasses
***While at dinner have flowers delivered to the table
***Get them both manicures and pedicures together (not quite spa-ish)
***Get them a boat ride together, either for sight seeing or I know they do dinner/lunch on some boats
***Get them tickets for an event/show they would like
***Get them matching, engraved keychains (and your mom has that new car!)

Old 03-17-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
***How about buying them beautiful wine glasses/goblets (gold rimmed, crystal...whathaveyou) and while you're out at that restuarant, have the wine poured into those glasses
***While at dinner have flowers delivered to the table
Great suggestions, I think that'll make the evening! I saw a set of two Anniversary glasses at the mall a couple weeks back, hopefully they're still there! My mom loves flowers so that'll be a nice touch.

Quote:
Get them matching, engraved keychains (and your mom has that new car!)
Hey that's a great idea! Maybe I can persuade her into letting me drive that convertible...

I guess I'll be busy today.

Old 03-17-2007, 09:18 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
speedy, how bout arranging them a gift basket,
or,,,a scrap-book, photo album, or burn pictures on a cd, all in one place,,if they are computer literate,
or, family-photo calenders, or coffee mugs,
the gift basket, works for me, to give difficult gifting, get them some gift certificates,,,,bottles/drinks, candles, wines, cheeses, etc. they really enjoy opening it, and unwrapping the many gifts.
you can be very creative here.
if all else, fails, and he's a bbq master (or thinks he is) go to the local butcher shop, buy him a 10 inch butchers' knife, and 5-6 boning knife, a steel (sharpener) and an apron,,,,,the knives, will be the sharpest, he can get, he has a great apron, and also buy them a few rib-eyes.

my dad is difficult to buy for, for his last b-day, i was at a loss,,,as to what to get,,,so i got him a (he's a hunter) hunting gift basket,,,, he absolutely loved it!

Old 03-17-2007, 09:23 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
On Monday it's my parents' anniversary (32nd...I think ) and I'd like some ideas/suggestions for a good gift. I plan on taking them out for dinner and I really don't want to give a gift card (seems too impersonal). What do you think would be something nice?

My pop is suprising my mom with a new Lexus and I really can't top that (and don't want to try). She's getting him a new set of golf clubs and a new fancy golf bag that he's been drooling over for the past few weeks.

I'd like to get something that they could enjoy together but I really don't know what that could be. My dad surely wouldn't go to a spa and you couldn't get my mom on a golf course for anything. So I'm stumped...
Gawd...your parents and my parents must be quadruplets. My dad is a golf nut and my mother is a golf widow who can't stand the golf course!!! And if I ever saw my dad in a spa..... I'd faint from shock! Heck, his toenails alone could cut concrete.
Well...you're taking them to dinner. A nice one. Why isn't that enough? Maybe a bottle of Dom Perignon or Cristal? I think they are doing the big stuff for each other. I'd not try to get too fancy or it may rain on their parade. Keep it to the dinner and...maybe... champagne?

Old 03-17-2007, 09:32 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
Does your area have those wonderful dinner gift cards to multiple restaurants? If so that might be a nice extra gift for folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products