Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 05:19 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Ben Dover.
We are the Onos.

Oh, no! Party of four.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 848 times
Walked in to Chik-Fil-A for lunch. Placed my order. They asked for my name. I asked if she can give me a number instead. She said no. I said that they'll just end up butchering my name (as places like this always do). She said she needed a name. I said "cancel that", and walked out. I won't even make up a name. Even if I had a common name, I still wouldn't like giving it out for a fast food order. They think they're somehow being friendlier. I think it's bull**** and I hate fake friendliness with a passion! It doesn't mean we're enemies, but we're not friends either. I get to choose that, they don't. I won't play by their rules.

Anytime I enter a fast-food restaurant and they ask for my name, I walk out. If I'm lucky enough, I will figure out they want a name before I enter in the first place.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:04 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,746,263 times
I'd be angry too if I was thisclose to gettin' some sweet sweet Chick-Fil-A and instead I decided to walk out over something so trivial. It's only punishing yourself, since the folks at the counter don't really care if you go hungry, and the dozens of people lined up to get that deee-licious chicken were likely relieved the line moved a tiny bit quicker.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:32 PM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times
I know Starbucks ask for your name so someone doesn't get the wrong drink. You can give any name you want, but it also helps to remember what you ordered as well, and your made-up name if you choose to use one.

Some restaurants also ask for your name - 1st come/1st served, for seating purposes. Sometimes they use pagers, other times it's cards with made up names printed out. We know the names that one of the restaurants use and DH hopes we get the card with Jimi Hendrix's name.

Old 12-27-2018, 07:23 PM

2 posts, read 848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
I'd be angry too if I was thisclose to gettin' some sweet sweet Chick-Fil-A and instead I decided to walk out over something so trivial. It's only punishing yourself, since the folks at the counter don't really care if you go hungry, and the dozens of people lined up to get that deee-licious chicken were likely relieved the line moved a tiny bit quicker.
Their food is not that good, more like hit or miss. The only reason why I walked into Chik-Fil-As is because it was the closest restaurant from my job. Their sandwiches are sometimes too greasy and their fries can't compete with McDonald's, which is where I ended up going after walking out.

McDonalds is still better and provides a number. They even understand the concept of privacy and some people not wanting their names yelled out in front of a bunch of strangers, so they provide plastic stands with numbers that people can put at the table they're sitting.

[Mod cut: orphaned]

Last edited by elnina; 12-27-2018 at 09:36 PM..

Old 12-27-2018, 07:29 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Just give them the name of your favorite notorious dictator. Stalin party of 1?

Old 12-27-2018, 07:59 PM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Complain at the corporate level. Don't give a location because all that does is get's your complaint kicked back to that location, which is pointless if the issue is something that is the result of company policy. Walking out or complaining at the local level about a stupid policy usually accomplishes nothing except to make you feel better for a few moments.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:24 PM

61,717 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Agree! Been asked for name, telephone no., zip code, address etc.

I make up something and enjoy doing so too!
^^^ This. All of it!
Not a big deal.

Once the customer provides his/her ZIP code, the retailers have all the information they need to secretly obtain customers’ home/business address.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamtan.../#3bf270b0786f

What I truly hate is pharmacy asking for my DOB and physical address. I understand that they need to confirm it, but I would rather be asked to show my ID.

Last edited by elnina; 12-27-2018 at 09:40 PM..

Old 12-28-2018, 12:53 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Spartacus. My name is Spartacus. If it upsets you so much mock it, don't ruin yourself over it.

Old 12-28-2018, 07:08 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times
I am enjoying reading this (have not read ALL the posts yet) - it never really offended me.
I know some people who either have hard to pronounce or spell names, and frequently just give a random name. It's almost amusing. That is what I would do and probably will start to do. This is even for waiting (not quite a reservation) at restaurants. I am fond of Lulu and Mary Smith for starters.
Come to think of it, how about Salmonella party of 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products