Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:19 PM

3,295 posts, read 9,188,072 times

Advertisements

Self Check outs aren't JUST at WalMarts. Get use to them cause they are going in everywhere, esp all the big box stores.

Personally I don't use them at all anywhere. Liz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 06:40 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
I told some friends that they should read this, and one felt that Walmart was just being singled out. Now I wonder, do other stores have problems on their receipts? I am going to pay close attention to all receipts to see if Walmarts is just being singled out.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:13 AM

3,295 posts, read 9,188,072 times
I think it's a case of everyone hates WalMart...yet many still buy there.

But the self check outs are also at Home Depots, Lowes, etc...

And bad management is NOT just at WalMart neither is bad service. I've run across that EVERYWHERE. Liz

Old 08-30-2007, 08:34 AM

32 posts, read 146,895 times
Jessaka, I have found receipt problems just about everywhere. It is usually because the item is on sale and whom ever was suppose to put the information into the computer system did it incorrectly, or didn't do it at all. This exsists for all big stores. I have found that the some small stores don't even put sale prices in the computer, the cashiers just know the sales and ring it correctly , thus no problems.

But the perception of Wal-mart is stillnevil, they have done some dirty things when it comes to business with their suppliers. There are products that I liked that are no longer on the market, directly because of wal-mart. Or worse they are making it cheap because wal-mart refused to do business with them if they didn't cut their price, and like it or not, suppliers can't afford to not do business with wal-mart. Rubbermaid is a good example!!

Old 08-31-2007, 07:08 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
My receipt wasn't done at a self service and the items were not on sale, all three of the items I bought I paid twice for. Then on another receipt they almost charged me twice for the same phone, but it was caught in time by the cashier.

I hate that businesses have to close because of them, or that their clothing or other items fall apart, but at least they take those back. they do have a good return policy. I know I will still shop there because it is hard to find certain things in this small town where I live, but only if I have to.

I am now checking out my receipts from every place I go. I want to see if it is just Walmart.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:36 AM

979 posts, read 3,828,663 times
Wow! I had no clue Walmart was this bad! Great to know! Maybe this should be passed around!

Old 08-31-2007, 11:54 AM

58 posts, read 295,633 times
I hate thier self checkers in particular
In my city safeway(a grocery store) it works much better, faster. The walmart one takes a long time to read the code, adn always is saying please wait, or mis bagged or some sort of error i hate it
The safeway one is very fast and no errors.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:11 PM

41 posts, read 128,325 times
Post overpriced

In Ontario if there is a difference between the shelf price and the check out price you can demand the Price Code of Ethics. This means you get up to $10 off. If the item is worth less it is free. Not too many of the check out Staff mention it as it looks bad for the store and they are sometimes told not to mention it or are not advised of this when they are hired. Every store used to have this law advertised in a well seen place but now it is mostly in an out of the way spot. People forget over time.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:34 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,310,854 times
I hate it when people get more than 15 or so items such as grocery stores. There isnt enough room usually for all the bags so the machine will keep giving errors and it takes forever. I love being able to walk up to a machine, buy my 4 or 5 things and leave in a minute or two instead of 20 minutes in checkout lines.

And I only buy at walmart about once every 6 months or so and thats about an item or two.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:51 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I do not shop at Walmart and have not stepped foot in one in years but there are other scams they do on a regular basis even on the manned check-out lanes. Watch how much your items ring up. There are MANY times they have something marked for say .10cents lower on the shelf but will ring up higher at check-out. Most people will let it slide if they have fussed about in the past because they are such a pain in the rear to deal with and the cashier can not change it. If they do this at least 100x a day at EVERY store that is A LOT OF MONEY! People that I know that have had this happen to them have told me how the cashier and then the manager act over it and it is really sad. The cashiers can not change a price on their register. If you find it once you have paid and still there you have to go to customer service and get a manager which takes FOREVER. The managers get tiffy w/ them and make them "prove it" and still will fuss w/ the customer that it was okay. Then IF they get a refund their signs in the store clearly say (according to my friends as I don't shop there) if they ring something up wrong you get it free. I do not know of one person that has gotten a refund nor gotten it free. Pretty pathetic and just one of the many reasons why I refuse to shop there.
You're so right just a couple of months ago, they pulled a stunt on me with
some towels that were supposed to be on sale. they rung up for reg. price
called the front store manager, and she wanted to "act up", then called the
store "asst." mgr. that day, and he went along with them, until I walked them
back and pointed the error out. What happened was Walmart purchases
Mainstay and Home trends, they were the same towels,same manufacturer
label, (my cousin works there LOL)!! but they charged higher price for one
brand. This is a sin!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products