Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:56 AM

578 posts, read 2,528,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
You're so right just a couple of months ago, they pulled a stunt on me with
some towels that were supposed to be on sale. they rung up for reg. price
called the front store manager, and she wanted to "act up", then called the
store "asst." mgr. that day, and he went along with them, until I walked them
back and pointed the error out. What happened was Walmart purchases
Mainstay and Home trends, they were the same towels,same manufacturer
label, (my cousin works there LOL)!! but they charged higher price for one
brand. This is a sin!!!!
Well, I dont know if Walmart has the "price scanner" boxes throughout the store. I ALWAYS CHECK FOR SURE ON SALE ITEMS, no matter who's store I'm shopping in. I get tired of people rolling their eyes, when I stop the conveyor belt at the checkout to "right a wrong"....I just roll my eyes BACK AT THEM EXCLAIMING: "HEY< I DONT HAVE MONEY TO THROW AWAY, do you?"

I got sick n' tired of getting home, checking the receipt then finding out THEY OVERCHARGED ME ON SEVERAL ITEMS. People tend to let it go, and the stores know this...because "Oh, its only $2.53" overcharge..HOWEVER: how many times perhour, per day, per customer this happens?

So use the Price Scanners to be sure. OR slow down the line so you can WATCH EACH ITEM BEING SCANNED. I DO THAT ALWAYS & D*MNED THE DIRTY LOOKS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 01:59 AM

578 posts, read 2,528,977 times
I also hate the Meijer stores 'self checkers' the computer yells at you, in loud audio voice LIKE YOU"RE STEALING ITEMS OR SOMETHING>.."please put the item back on the counter' please place the item in the bag' ..HEY PLEASE K*SS WHERE THE SUN DON"T SHINE EH?

Old 09-03-2007, 08:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 22,845,735 times
Thumbs down Scam Artists

For the most part, I like the self-checkout registers at places like Wal-Mart. My local Albertsons supermarket has them, and I usually use them whenever I shop there. I went to my local IKEA recently and was amazed to find that they even have them there!

However, I did find out too late that I was overcharged for my total purchase at a Wal-Mart (not one I usually patronize). I paid with my debit card and was reconciling my bank statement about a week ago. My statement showed my Wal-Mart purchase was $35.10. However, I recorded it in my checkbook as $36.10, because that's what the receipt showed. Thankfully, I still had the receipt, so I took it out and added up all the items on my calculator. Lo and behold, it added up to $35.10, so I was overcharged by $1.00 by Wal-Mart! This wasn't at a self-checkout register, either. It's very sad and maddening at the same time to think that this type of thing goes on all the time, all over the country. Yes, I truly believe there's a scam going on.

We'd all better look over our receipts before leaving the store, as someone else suggested.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:44 AM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,064,523 times
Quote:
I paid with my debit card and was reconciling my bank statement about a week ago. My statement showed my Wal-Mart purchase was $35.10. However, I recorded it in my checkbook as $36.10, because that's what the receipt showed. Thankfully, I still had the receipt, so I took it out and added up all the items on my calculator. Lo and behold, it added up to $35.10, so I was overcharged by $1.00 by Wal-Mart!
So, the reciept added up wrong but they charged you for the right amount. What is it you're mad about again??

Old 09-03-2007, 12:25 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,588,506 times
Can anyone tell me why this thread is in the food and drink forum? I don't see the connection.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:34 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,160 times
I guess I could move it to the political section. Wal-mart sells food?

Old 09-03-2007, 01:47 PM

3,287 posts, read 9,183,249 times
Quote:
Wal-mart sells food
Super WalMart's sell food, so yes it is part grocery store. Liz

Old 09-03-2007, 02:26 PM

211 posts, read 985,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
I thank my lucky stars for the self check out lanes. They have such a terrible time getting anyone to work at Wal-mart here that you end up standing in line for over 30 minutes to check out with a checker.

As far as the double bar codes, the machines only read one of the bar codes, you need to know which one to cover up with your hand(just like the checkers do) if you're going to check out yourself. This just backs up my idea to have everyone pass a test and obtain some kind of card that you have to scan in order to be able to use the self check out machines. The lines would move a lot faster if people that don't know what they're doing would just use the checker's lanes instead.
I am sure there isnt a lack of people willing to work, more just Wal Mart only want a certain amount of people working at a time

And I am surprised at the amount of self check lanes going around everywhere, you think it would be much easier to steal from those things, for $6 or whatever they pay a cashier an hour you think it would be a decent investment

Old 09-03-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I am sure there isnt a lack of people willing to work
Actually there is, we live in a boom town. You forget what service is really like living here, when we go out of town we're actually taken aback at how attentive the wait staff, etc. is.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:18 PM

Okay dennismpat read that to yourself again. You are saying that your bank statement showed the charge as $35.10, which is what you should have been charged, AND IS WHAT YOU WERE CHARGED BY WALMART. I don't mean to yell but I want you to realize that you were not overcharged. Yes the reciept showed the total as $36.10 so that's what you recorded but they only charged you $35.10 which is what was on your bank statement. The mistake they made was corrected when they withdrew the money from your account. They may have overcharged you on your reciept but they didn't overcharge you on your bank statement. See??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products