Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 01:11 PM

35 posts, read 439,947 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I had ordered a bag online thru EMS shipping and i found out later that its shipping from china to here in US. My question is how long does it take for that? I got tracking number thru them and in there it says 'dispatch from sorting order' since last 4 days . What does this mean ? i really need this bag for my travel next weekend.
Anyone has any idea or experienced the same ?
please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 03:56 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,675,099 times
EMS = Express mail service. But don;t let the name fool you. It can be shipped by air or it can be a slow boat from china. What methiod did you select for delivery?

'dispatch from sorting order' means the carrier has picked up the package from the vendor for shipment. The next entry should indicate that the package has cleared a particular city/province sort center. Once it clears the sort center, the next entry will be arrived sort center in the country of destinatuion, but that doesn;t always happen and you may get the package while it still showing the dispach notation.

The package is still going to have to clear customs and if the shipper is on the many list of counterfeit vendors, you may never get the package until they confirm the items legitimacy.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:16 PM

494 posts, read 1,609,665 times
From my experience, EMS is not quick despite the name. There's an import site that I often order things from that's based in HK. Usually when I order stuff, I choose UPS, as I feel more comfortable with them having my stuff shipped internationally, and I've gotten stuff from this store 1-2 days after ordering from them. One time, I did have to use EMS for something, and it was pretty agonizing. The thing I ordered did not show up to me maybe 2-3 weeks later after I had forgot all about it. And another freind of mine, who ordered the same thing, had his lost... So my experience with EMS is not very positive. Luckily, the store, messed up and gave me two, so I gave the extra to him!

So yea, despite the name, don't be shocked if it's slow...

Old 12-16-2011, 04:18 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,209,389 times
I buy laptop batteries from China. it typically takes about 10-12 days via post to get my packages. Hope that helps.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:32 PM

61,659 posts, read 87,023,434 times
I had exactly the same situation. Ordered product online, paid, and got confirmation from ... China.
The product never arrived. They wrote few emails with an apology that the product was not available, but they are going to ship it ASAP, and I waited. Unfortunately I waited too long. I could not cancel the deal with Credit Card company and void the transaction, because per TOS consumer has only 3 months to resolve it after the date of billing. The internet company is not replying to my emails anymore. I guess they knew exactly how long they have to drag their order, so I could not cancel the deal with Credit Company. I lost my money and learned a lesson.
Just be aware.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 PM

35 posts, read 439,947 times
Thx guys for input my package has finally reached US and I should be getting it within day or two

Old 11-24-2012, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 137,345 times
I ordered a Galaxy S III from china on november 16 and i'm so tired of waiting for it today is saturday the 6th day it said 5-10 days and i thought it would have come faster but i guess EMS are not fast but i hope i get tomorrow on sunday thnx for the post they helped me a lot about EMS

Old 01-02-2013, 03:16 PM

1 posts, read 133,485 times
after i order something and it's being shipped from ems how would i track it on the us shippment site or will it show on the china ems

Old 03-17-2013, 03:03 PM

367 posts, read 765,395 times
Once it's cleared from the US Customs point of entry (usually San Francisco, the Post Office treats it as Express Mail and it's delivered by 11:30am the next day. The only reliable tracking time stamps are the initial arrival scan in the US, arrival at the nearest PD&C and in/out from your local station.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 77,237 times
i just ordered a copy of pokemon ruby for gameboy advance yesterday from a seller on ebay, and ebay says it could take between 17 and 34 days. it is curently in beijing, china.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products