Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 04:04 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,210,103 times

Advertisements

First, I blame their bagging system. Second, I blame the cashier that scans the items and just drops them, I guess not always in the bags! This isn't the first time we get home and an item or two is missing. This time it was Toms of Maine toothpaste. Not cheap. So we have to make yet another trip over there tomorrow to get our missing toothpaste. It's either still on the baggage thing, or on the floor.
The last time this happened, it was a pack of gum. Another time before, a bag of rice. The time before, a bag of popcorn. You think we would learn by now and not go there anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 07:46 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,117,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
First, I blame their bagging system. Second, I blame the cashier that scans the items and just drops them, I guess not always in the bags! This isn't the first time we get home and an item or two is missing. This time it was Toms of Maine toothpaste. Not cheap. So we have to make yet another trip over there tomorrow to get our missing toothpaste. It's either still on the baggage thing, or on the floor.
The last time this happened, it was a pack of gum. Another time before, a bag of rice. The time before, a bag of popcorn. You think we would learn by now and not go there anymore.
Bring your own bags and if there are two of you there, have one person pay and the other do the bagging. Just tell the cashier you prefer to bag your own.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:53 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,299,053 times
As the cashier loads a bag then spins the thing, grab the full bags and unload then.
Once the last bag is loaded in your cart checl the thing to make sure there is no other bags, I think your leaving a bag behind or not fully pushing forward the times so they lie in cashier contact.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:42 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,779,923 times
This happened to me once. Customer service told me to bring in the receipt and the items were replaced. There's a time limit, so do it asap.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:49 PM

61,227 posts, read 86,103,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
As the cashier loads a bag then spins the thing, grab the full bags and unload then.
Once the last bag is loaded in your cart checl the thing to make sure there is no other bags, I think your leaving a bag behind or not fully pushing forward the times so they lie in cashier contact.
I always watch them very carefully, I also check the receipt before I leave the store, and make sure prices are right and all coupons scanned, because I really hate to go back because of some mistake. In fact I do it in every store.

Check the trunk of you car. Some little items tends to fall out and get lost in the trunk.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:15 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,570,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
This started happening last year so we go to a different location now and we go over every item using the receipt to check immediately after paying in case we need to complain

We only have Walmarts and an Albertsons close home, and the price difference is significant.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:22 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,592,868 times
Walmart sux.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:37 AM

111 posts, read 327,092 times
This happened to me a few times, What i started to do is Now when I am done paying and my cart loaded, I just move ahead/to the side or wherever, still inside the store, and go thru all the bags and check the receipt to ensure I have everything. I also scan the prices to make sure I was not overcharged as this sometimes happens also.

Last edited by HelloGoodbye; 01-21-2012 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: spelling errors

Old 01-22-2012, 06:36 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,117,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloGoodbye View Post
This happened to me a few times, What i started to do is Now when I am done paying and my cart loaded, I just move ahead/to the side or wherever, still inside the store, and go thru all the bags and check the receipt to ensure I have everything. I also scan the prices to make sure I was not overcharged as this sometimes happens also.
I do this everywhere. Whole Foods here is notorious for using the wrong UPC on produce. HEB Central Market is the only store that never gets it wrong, and that is because you weigh your own produce and print your own labels for it there. Most stores will get UPC codes wrong from time to time, but sometimes the price difference can be significant so it's a good idea to scrutinize your receipt. I actually keep track of the UPCs in my head or note them down on a notepad as I shop. I was once overcharged by a significant amount on one shopping trip because the cashier keyed in several incorrect UPCs for produce. On one trip to Whole Foods, the cashier got every single one wrong...all to the store's benefit. My favorite Whole Foods in DFW is the one at Park Lane because it has self-checkout.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:43 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,022,775 times
Very simple solution:

When the clerk hands you the receipt you say, "Did I get everything?" This prompts the clerk to look at the floor (human nature) and spin the bag holder around. They're prompted to look a second time. Since I started doing then I haven't had a problem. (I also take the responsibility to look myself.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products