Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2012, 10:36 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,171 times

Advertisements

I ordered a futon from Target.com at the end of November. After I unpacked it I found the legs were missing - I called Target.com customer service spoke to a very nice man that told me he had ordered them for me - A month went by no legs which then got me thinking I never did receive an email from customer service regarding the legs - I placed another call to customer service only to be told by customer service that the legs to the futon could not be order, in short the first customer service rep lied to me - how nice - this rep told me she would email some information about how to return my futon and at the same time she is placing an order for another futon to replace it - I told her not to place that order just yet as my living rooms is very small and I have to be sure the first one is gone
before I can bring in the replacement - So what happens I receive an email the replacement has been ordered but no email about the return -
So I call back again and ask to speak to a supervisor, I told her to cancel that order immediately and why didnt I receive the email about the return - She told me she would cancel the replacement order and I receive the email for the return - The email had a link that says to print out which I tried to do but it didnt work - So I right click and get it to print, the instructions say to call this 800 number to arrange for pickup - I make that call which then directs me to a 900 number - I had no intention calling a 900 number - Disgusted beyond belief by having to discuss all this with people that barely speak English I decide to call the local Target store - I am informed by a Team Leader that Target and Target.com are seperate entities and that Target.com is managed by Amazon - I am also told that she never heard of Target.com picking up returns even though this item is large and heavy - She then tells me to bring it to the store for my refund - I had to hire a local moving company to bring it there at my expense which was 105.00 - I bring it there today and give the paper work from Customer Service to the Refund dept gal - She tries to enter it in the system and tells me it wont accept the return - I said get a supvervisor, one was not available but a Team Leader came over - She was only too happy (had a smile on her face) to tell me some items are not returnable and I should have read the website - I left the store and told them to take the futon drag it out to the parking lot and have a bon fire with it - By the way my email said I had until March 8 to return it -
I decided to call my credit card company and tell them what happened and they were only to happy to assist me with this problem - After numerous 3 way conversations with my credit card company, Target.com and myself the problem has finally been resolved - If anyone thinks I would ever buy from Target.com or even Target ever again your wrong - As far as Amazon running Target.com I'm not sure about that information but I have to say I'm very surprised as I have never had a problem with Amazon - Oh ps the last rep asked me to email a copy of the email with the incorrect phone number - I did it was returned as undeliverable - Does anyone that works there know anything especially their own email address -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products