U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 PM

16,724 posts, read 36,240,467 times

Advertisements

I love Target, especially my Super Target. It's my main grocery store, plus my "go-to" store when I need other stuff.

Never shop at Walmart, to me there is no comparison in quality, shopping experience or even price compared to Target.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 09:35 AM

8,520 posts, read 15,438,975 times
Default Do you shop at Target and why?

I like how clean the stores are. They don't look trashy like Wal-Mart and neither do the customers.

They have good products and nice prices.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:37 PM

811 posts, read 1,628,449 times
I like it because they have everything I need, the lighting/layout/cleanliness are good and the line waits are fine. I would never wear even basic clothing from Walmart (bad experiences in the past), but I seem to do fine with Target clothing. Not only do they have a lot of cute clothing, but it's also comfortable. They're not long lasting, but if you want slightly trendy stuff, you don't really want it to last you 3 years.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:18 PM

672 posts, read 2,027,451 times
My Target's bathrooms (at least the ladies) is clean. I would rather squat and pee behind a tree than pee in one of Walmart's bathrooms.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:51 PM

17 posts, read 26,576 times
I enjoy shopping or browsing at Target for the basic essentials (almost anything except for their clothes). I find it a better shopping experience than Walmart (however I should note that I rarely shop at Walmart because it is much further away and more effort for me to get to).

I also find that the regular price for many "grocery store" items are cheaper at Target than the sale prices at my local Safeway, so it's just more convenient to shop for these items at Target rather than wait for a sale at Safeway.

I can always rely on a finding a clean bathroom at Target (and there's always a clean baby changing station) -- with the exception of the Target in Commerce, California, where we stopped briefly on our drive south toward San Diego, this is the ONLY Target I've been in that was tagged with graffiti!!! Bad idea, I won't be stopping by that Target again (and it was difficult to find since it was 8pm, dark and I was unfamiliar with the area, it turned out to be much further away from the freeway than I thought)

I like to map out Target locations during road trips as possible comfort & snack stops ... because you can use the bathroom (beats stopping at icky gas station restrooms!), walk around the store to stretch your legs, and grab a quick snack/coffee.

My local Target finally offers free wi-fi. Yay! Makes it easy to do price checks without using the data plan on my phone.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:24 AM

6,587 posts, read 16,841,719 times
I shop at Target all the time. They have great prices on many items, and I greatly prefer Target to Wal*Mart. The caliber of the customers seems to be a step up at Target as well. I'd never buy clothes at Target (they're ugly and cheaply manufactured), but everything else is great.

I went to a K-Mart seven years ago, and never returned. Clothes were piled high in every dressing room, the lines were incredibly long, and the store looked dirty, messy, and disorganized.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:05 PM

20,490 posts, read 26,142,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I like how clean the stores are. They don't look trashy like Wal-Mart and neither do the customers.

They have good products and nice prices.

It really is night and day. I have a new super walmart and super target 2 blocks from each other and its very apparent on the class of people who shop at each one

Old 04-24-2012, 05:29 AM

42,801 posts, read 57,203,429 times
Our Super Targets are close by, they're convenient, and their prices are generally much cheaper than the grocer stores and other similiar retailers. Target & Walmart are only pennies apart on most items and Target is cleaner, more helpful and has a nicer clientele IMO.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 AM

841 posts, read 1,850,385 times
All the Target I shop(or shopped in) are always crowded!

Old 04-25-2012, 11:48 AM

5,168 posts, read 7,905,256 times
I live 5 minutes from a SuperTarget and was surprised to find some excellent prices on certain grocery items there. So I try to go every few months and stock up on some of those.

I have purchased clothing from Target over the years and have been very surprised at how long some of those items have lasted. I don't think the quality is much worse than any comparable retailer such as Old Navy. But like Old Navy, its very hit or miss. There are many pieces of clothing I would never purchase, and then others that are great.

I like the layout of the store, I like that its clean.

Due to keeping myself on a budget, I try not to go very often because unless I am disciplined, its very easy to fill my cart with stuff there that I don't truly need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products