Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 04:09 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times

Advertisements

For a company that must have tens of millions of customers, they have a fantastic customer relations reputation. Other places could learn from them.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 04:28 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,682,095 times
Nope.

I don't do any on-line shopping.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:03 AM

289 posts, read 567,484 times
I've been a customer of Amazon's since they were so small they sent Christmas presents to their customers. The last year or so, though, they have begun to use (in my area at least,) a carrier called Lasership that not only takes forever to deliver (they even use them for Prime, which I cancelled because of LS) but actually lies about having delivered/attempted to deliver. Lately I have been looking around at other online retailers and finding that Amazon isn't the only game in town. Dealing with these Lasership clowns has soured me on Amazon, and I have one foot out their door. The other will soon follow, I'm afraid.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:22 AM

758 posts, read 1,639,161 times
I absolutely love amazon. They have the BEST (hands down...the end) customer service around, a wide variety of items, they usually have pretty good (anywhere from just slightly above somewhere else all the way to 'wow that is an awesome price!') prices, they have a good used/3rd party marketplace, excellent cache of reviews and reviewers...

And I am in love with their Prime service. Since I buy so much from amazon, $79 per year isn't that bad for free 2 day shipping, plus I share it with a couple of family members for the most bang for the buck. (and, though I haven't used it yet, the amazon kindle and video prime benefits add a little bit more value)

Old 05-02-2012, 09:29 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,570,934 times
Yes, they are wonderful, BUT the customer service folks at LL BEAN are exceptional also. They have just excellent customer service, and the delivery service is fast, plus shipping is always free. The downside is they do not have the full array of products that Amazon offers up...sigh....

Old 05-02-2012, 02:45 PM

4 posts, read 2,937 times
I've had nothing but good customer service from Amazon, and their prices are generally pretty competitive.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:21 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,582,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Yes, I buy there, but they not always have the best deals.
I agree, their customer service is awesome!
Same here. And they started charging taxes in TX now, so I don't know how competitive they will remain.

I quit Amazon Prime, though. FedEx is in charge and they always had some kind of drama. Regular s&h with USPS was easier and quicker in the end

Old 05-06-2012, 02:46 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
I don't think Overstock has quality items. Twice I bought from there and was unsatisfied. Anyways, I love amazon, never had a problem with anything I ordered, numerous times! But I have seen people rate products on there and say "I bought this toaster and when I got it the box was ripped and the cord was cut off." I have no idea what they're talking about, never had issues with any new items from there!

Old 05-17-2012, 07:58 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,968,632 times
I have never dealt with their Customer Service because everything I've bought has been fine. I always find my best price with them. In fact, I have another order coming next week.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:27 PM

22,317 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Never had a problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products