Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:32 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times

Advertisements

My friends and I shop at TJ Maxx, Marshalls . . . and the heavy mark down sales at Dillards, Macy's . . . for real bargains.

For prescription glasses, you can check out 39 Dollar Glasses.com Discount Prices on High Quality Eyeglasses and Sunglasses Online., which I found after they were reviewed by Wall Street Journal.

As for knock offs, the only place I have seen them was in San Antonio and in the Bahamas. I just couldn't make the leap to buy the knockoff Gucci, Chanel, Dior, etc b/c the prices were still $85 - $150 and to me - I would rather buy a nice Coach bag at a Coach outlet for $200 than pay $125 for a knock off Louis Vuitton. If I could find an VL for $35, now I would buy it if it looked really good.

I check out outlets such as Ralph Lauren but usually don't find real bargains there. Sometimes I find something for my son that has been marked down but still will cost $29.95 or so (long sleeved Polo shirt).

I have found bargains on Overstock.com, including a beautiful rug for my kitchen eat in area . . . and a pair of darling leather shoes for $12. Plus their shipping is cheap. You just have to check often on their site.

As for Ebay, I collect several things including China, so I find great bargains on Ebay . . .but have to watch out about shipping. I have never bought clothing on Ebay and I got ripped off on a Chanel make up brush wh/ was obviously a cheap knock off - wh/ I thew out - so I will never make that mistake again!!!!

Locally, we have SteinMart and Tuesday Morning and if you check them out, you can often find bargains there on household items, but again - the deals are when they have put things on sale and sometimes there is not much of a selection when things have been marked down very low.

And don't forget QVC and HSN. Sometimes they have clearance items that are at really good prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 08:51 AM

502 posts, read 2,295,755 times
Default Thanks

Loving the eyeglass website!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:15 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,511 times
I shop at Dillard's and Macy*s (clearance rack ONLY)- Every so often, they'll have clearance sales on top of the already clearanced prices. An additional 40% off of 50% for example. Surprisingly, it's cheaper than anything I can find at TJ Maxx, Marshalls or Ross. I never pay full price for any clothing item- someone's always having a sale somewhere.

For the home: Linen N Things, Crate and Barrel, Target.

I also check out online deals with my favorite stores first. Here's my strategy: I browse the clearance items first- If I can't find what I'm looking for in there then I browse the regular items. When I'm ready to check out, I search the internet for 'coupon promotional or discount codes' for the store in which I'm shopping. Then, at checkout, I use my coupon codes (some places allow multiple codes) and I get my final total. I save a ton of money doing that!

Old 04-07-2008, 10:07 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
Loving the eyeglass website!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!
They are awesome - and great customer service, too! Enjoy!

Old 04-09-2008, 10:10 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
They are awesome - and great customer service, too! Enjoy!
I have heard of the website, but the problem is you can't try anything on! Maybe I am too vain, but I can't purchase clothing without trying them on, much less eyeglasses!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:03 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,242,310 times
Smile Shopping

Since I am always in a hurry when I have to get something, usually I find it at Bloomingdales, so I would say Bloomingdales.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:14 AM

4,189 posts, read 3,481,424 times
Banana republic, Express only because they have clothes that fit me

Old 04-26-2008, 03:48 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
I like T.J. Maxx or Marshall's for name brand clothing, cheap. Also you can get good deals on bedding and even gourmet coffee.

I also shop ebay for certain clothing like sweaters or summer clothing. Just be sure and see that they have a lot of positive feedback. I snipe just before the auction ends or use buy it now. I don't bother with the lowest starting price item because they often end up being higher after all the bidding is done.

I bought my shower curtain on ebay and a pair of new sandals.

If I could afford the stores I'd probably go with Ann Taylor. I can buy that on ebay though.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:18 AM

14 posts, read 44,707 times
For designer bags and glasses try ebay or craigslist.org. I purchased a knock off Coach bag on Craigslist for $35.00, it was beautiful.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:25 AM

35 posts, read 152,851 times
be careful with ebay stuff.

I once tried buying authentic black uggs from there. Although the picture looked real, and it showed paperwork, etc...it was ALL fake, paperwork included. And let me just say...FAKE uggs and REAL uggs are nothing alike.

To get good deals on shoes and purses and jewelry, I go to Victoriassecret.com
Most people dont know that they have designer stuff there ontop of the vs brands.

They always have good promotions running to help you save some money.

Otherwise, try "off 5th" OR shop at outlet stores.

OR buy products without a lable. I once got a pair of sunglasses from AC MOORE Craft Store that look JUST like Armani sunglasses, and I just tell people thats what they are...no one knows they were 2 dollars. (cept for me...and now everyone reading this)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products