Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 10:39 AM

15,117 posts, read 32,228,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post
JCPenney is mostly a crummy company now.
I totally agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 11:08 AM

19,432 posts, read 9,462,756 times
CEO's policies regarding employees stinks too. Getting weary of the drab dress code esp in the summer time when you like to see an occasional bright color here and there. The salon/spa employee used to make a bit of a commission off the products that they sold customers but I've heard the CEO nixed that. My favorite go-to person in the spa/salon area of JCP said that they can't make their ends meet now w/out that and have taken a job at another place on the other side of town. They didn't want to leave because they liked their co-workers and the store, in general - location in the mall, etc. It was ideal for us too because of the location and I could be getting salon services and hubby could be in music and the cafe/book store.

My guess the CEO has taken whatever amount of total commission the employee/s would have made for himself.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:32 AM

203 posts, read 516,144 times
I thought it was great when JC Penny didn't fire Ellen over that whole fiasco and wanted to support the store by buying something, but every time I go to one they have things that aren't really that great, and what they do have that I would be interested in I can find on Amazon for 1/2 price.

I can't see this store lasting for a decade or more.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:42 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,497,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
JCPenney’s To Eliminate Check-Out Clerks

JCPenney’s To Eliminate Check-Out Clerks « CBS Pittsburgh

They really do have a death wish.
Theres trade offs in retail, kind of like with your personal finances.

What other retailers allow customers to make returns with no time limit or receipt, thats a loss, something gets taken away somewhere else to compensate.

Last edited by virgode; 07-24-2012 at 11:51 AM..

Old 07-24-2012, 12:17 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,642,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
this old guy sums it up pretty well:

J.C. Penney Is the New Sears: Ron Johnson Has Done
If anyone likes Penneys as much as I do for everyday clothing then join me in posting this video link on Penneys facebook site. May be a few hundred (or thousand! ) customers expressing their displeasure with the way Ron Johnson (Penneys CEO) is running Penneys into the ground with his crappy ideas will cause a change for the better.

//www.facebook.com/jcp

Old 07-26-2012, 12:59 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,603,077 times
J.C. Penney (JCP) is changing its pricing - again.

Just six months after the mid-priced department store chain got rid of the hundreds of sales it offered each year in favor of everyday lower pricing, it is reversing courses.

J.C. Penney revives "clearance" sales - CBS News

The employees must be yanking the hair out their heads.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:27 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,522,586 times
This is a very interesting experiment being played out at a major corporation. I was never sold on Ron Johnson; what does someone from Apple know about a department store?! Who cares if the customers are addicted to coupons? Aren't you supposed to please your customers so they'll keep coming back? Once you alienate them, good luck with that. Even if J.C. Penney brings the coupons back, people may have already gotten used to shopping elsewhere. Most people don't complain; they just leave. Ron Johnson seems to be way too arrogant to understand any of this.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:00 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,642,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
This is a very interesting experiment being played out at a major corporation. I was never sold on Ron Johnson; what does someone from Apple know about a department store?! Who cares if the customers are addicted to coupons? Aren't you supposed to please your customers so they'll keep coming back? Once you alienate them, good luck with that. Even if J.C. Penney brings the coupons back, people may have already gotten used to shopping elsewhere. Most people don't complain; they just leave. Ron Johnson seems to be way too arrogant to understand any of this.
Either be arrogant or admit you're a dumb Moderator cut: language removed and I don't see Ron Johnson admitting that !

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-07-2013 at 11:33 AM..

Old 01-30-2013, 10:48 AM

44,590 posts, read 61,412,482 times
JC Penney to return to sales as previous program is a disaster.

Sales Are Back: JCPenney Continues to Confound | Breakout - Yahoo! Finance

Old 02-05-2013, 09:08 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,715,707 times
I stopped shopping there. I spend a lot during their sales. Their new way of business sent me elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products