U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2012, 05:31 AM

825 posts, read 2,357,627 times

Advertisements

Looking for a decent analog watch for my daughters ages 10 & 7 years old. Based on the example from this link Timex Originals Sport | TIMEX ................... do you think this is both price and age appropriate? If it were up to my wife ... well let's just say she is all for getting them a $10 watch at Walmart. I just need to get them something that is durable and will not flake out in a year, thus having me searching for another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 07:35 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,865,952 times
A watch for 10 & 7 year old kids? Ask for help on public discussion board? Good luck with the tough decisions in life.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:32 AM

11,720 posts, read 20,955,764 times
I wouldn't spend that much on a kids' watch. I agree w/your wife.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:51 AM

12,054 posts, read 20,610,140 times
Timex makes some really cute watches for children that have stretch bands. They last forever, and I know because that is my go-to watch when I travel to sxm. I never wear my good watches to the islands, and these watches are water resistant.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:27 PM

825 posts, read 2,357,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
A watch for 10 & 7 year old kids? Ask for help on public discussion board? Good luck with the tough decisions in life.
Was not aware this forum was only for tough life affecting issues .... how dare me ... ouch!

Old 12-02-2012, 05:17 PM

13,336 posts, read 21,368,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
Looking for a decent analog watch for my daughters ages 10 & 7 years old. Based on the example from this link Timex Originals Sport | TIMEX ................... do you think this is both price and age appropriate? If it were up to my wife ... well let's just say she is all for getting them a $10 watch at Walmart. I just need to get them something that is durable and will not flake out in a year, thus having me searching for another.
I love that watch. Good for you for allowing your daughters to learn how to actually tell time.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:36 PM

1,804 posts, read 6,386,350 times
Surprisingly some of the $10 Target/Walmart watches last for years!!!!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 AM

10,863 posts, read 26,903,637 times
I actually like that Timex and they are pretty durable. Thanks for posting the link to it, as I may have to buy a few for my nieces who have been through any number of watches, generally the kind that they see and must buy at Target and Nordstrom, but don't last to the rigors of being a child/pre-teen. The Nordstrom watches are more fashionable, but the timepiece aspect of them is lost.

Sprout watches I noticed at Nordstrom, but I didn't see the child version there. On the Sprout website, however, they do have kids watches, and I was considering this watch for a niece who wants a metal bracelet watch. There seem to be good reviews of Sprout watches on Amazon, so I might take a risk with it.

SproutWatches.com

This is a traditional pink watch, but I don't know if it as durable as Timex should be: SproutWatches.com

The other watch I was looking at is a ladies Skagen that the salesperson at Nordstrom told me would work for my elder niece, and that the band could likely be adjusted to fit her wrist. Skagen Color Border Leather Strap Watch | Nordstrom

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 12-03-2012, 11:11 AM

24,497 posts, read 36,161,070 times
I'd just have your kids choose what they want. Don't let your wallet or other people do the talking. Maybe educate them in what makes a good watch and let them choose a style they like. Best of luck.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:37 AM

5,654 posts, read 17,526,826 times
I like Timex Ironman watches. Have several of them Prefer them to more expensive ones. Although I do have nice ones gold watches (seiko) too. Timex is good and reliable, and not too expensive for kids to beat up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products