Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm not a doctor, but that's absurd. I'll run that by a couple of doctors I know; I suspect they will say the same thing.

Just as doctors are prone to prescribe antibiotics for viruses just to shut their high-maintenance patients up, a doctor will sometimes tell you that you have an allergy when you don't because it would take too long to explain to you why it ISN'T an allergy. Food for thought.
I am guessing that you didn't read this web site that stated. Cigarette Smoke Allergy
Cigarette Smoke AllergyCigarette smoke allergy is caused by the numerous toxic chemicals and irritants found in cigarette smoke. Not only are people with a cigarette smoke allergy extra sensitive to cigarette smoke than others, but recent studies also show that smoking may actually aggravate allergies. Common cigarette smoke allergy symptoms may include: burning or watery eyes, nasal congestion, or coughing.
That is one of many medical sites that allude to cigarette smoking tied to allergies.

Pitt Chick, yes I've been tested, many many years ago. I've had over 75 various tests. How do you know you are having an allergy attack/reaction from cigarettte smoking, walk into a cloud of smoke and if your nasal passages are stinging and runny then you're having an attack. The doctors, all of them that I've been to, say the same thing. Runny irritating nose when in a smoke filled environment can cause an allergy reaction. Read the above url it will explain it in simple detail.
I can walk into a room where no one is smoking but it's a smoker's house the drapes and carpet smoke smell will set off a reaction immediately. And the reaction can last hours or days depending on your system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 05:08 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Back to our regular program. My biggest pet peeve at the store is booger eating morons who stop right at the exit doors to fumble for keys, look at receipts etc.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureMan View Post
Huge pet peeve of mine too, but I will go one better.

I saw an employee at a big box retail store-you know, the one that is putting fresh grocery in all their stores-come out of a restroom stall while I was washing up, and he didn't bother to wash his hands. I follow him out and he goes right to the produce section and starts rearranging and straightening the food!!

Do you think that the guy in the fields picking the produce has ready access to a flush toilet and hand sanitizer??

Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureMan View Post
Huge pet peeve of mine too, but I will go one better.

I saw an employee at a big box retail store-you know, the one that is putting fresh grocery in all their stores-come out of a restroom stall while I was washing up, and he didn't bother to wash his hands. I follow him out and he goes right to the produce section and starts rearranging and straightening the food!!
Please....you're making me cringe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Do you think that the guy in the fields picking the produce has ready access to a flush toilet and hand sanitizer??
There has been news stories about the government cracking down on this since tainted peanuts and other produce.

http://healthland.time.com/2013/01/0...r-food-safety/

Old 01-13-2013, 08:56 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
FYI the doctor and the allergist both said and I qoute: "that cigarette smoke getting into your nose can trigger an allergenic reaction by irritating your sinuses".
Either your doctors are lying to you, or you're lying to us. If it's the former, find new doctors. If it's the latter, well, the anti-smokers have demonstrated quite well that they have no problem whatsoever lying about whatever they have to in order to have their preferences converted into laws, so there wouldn't be any surprise there.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:07 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,483,506 times
Grocery stores:

When you're shopping alone and need to go to the bathroom badly but the bathroom is in the back of the store. So you bring a cart with you and head straight for the bathroom (instead of going to the bathroom then going all the way back out to get a cart then going all the way back in.) When you come out, your cart is gone.

Nowadays, I'll put an item or two in the cart before going to the bathroom.. it's not foolproof but the carts seem to disappear a lot less after going to the bathroom.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:42 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,580,504 times
My pet peeve is the convenience stores and smoking.

I've never seen any clerks outside smoking, and of course no one smokes inside the store. But I'll go in to order a sandwich and come out 5 minutes later, and I smell like smoke -- I can smell it in my hair and on my coat. So where does it come from? Do they all smoke in a break room? I'm stumped.

Old 03-08-2014, 02:13 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,698 times
[quote=Jake Ryan;27575851]I just wanted to get this off my chest. So many times you see employees at grocery stores out front smoking which the smoke itself

LMFAO. A reason I love Arizona. 110-116 outside, a slave to that little white tube.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:57 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
If you don’t know how to use self-check out, please don’t. I like using the small checkout because it’s fast, but a lot of times I now skip it. The slow and moronic have ruined it for me.

Now let talk about fast food because that’s another pet peeve.

It’s the same old food they’ve been serving for years people and McRib season is over. I’m just here for some salt and something to make a Bristol Stage 7 liquidly mess. My pet peeve is people that don’t know what they want to order. Hey GTFO and let me order. I knew before I even rolled in the parking lot what I was getting.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:21 PM

42 posts, read 61,912 times
I do not have any pet peeves when it comes to restaurants since any bad experiences I have are usually few and far between, even at fast-food places, but my biggest pet peeve in a grocery store takes place in the checkout lane. There's a shopper ahead of me who decides to waste everyone's time by writing a check to pay for groceries instead of going the faster route by simply paying with cash or a credit/debit/gift card. Another problem with the stupid checkwriting is that it may take a few days for it to clear, when paying for groceries using cards clears much faster, and paying for them with cash clears instantly. Thankfully, many retail and dining establishments have abandoned accepting checks as a form of payment these days, and more will soon follow. Thank you! Good riddance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products