Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,374,648 times

Advertisements

Okay, had some extra time this afternoon. Went into Penney's with very low expectations. Had been in since "the change" and was so unimpressed. First thing that I noticed heading to the store from the lot was the high numbers of people leaving with bags. Hmm.

Got into the store, the lay out was different from even a month so ago. Very fresh looking, inviting almost. Music playing in the background was "The Smiths" couldn't believe it. I saw all sorts of interesting basic type casual spring stuff in bright colors. Things I would actually buy. Prices were reasonable - not the crazy high prices they had on stuff before. Well, a few things were too much.

Tried on and ended up buying a cute salmon pinkish hoodie - $10, A pair of Cubs blue cargo capris - $18, and a pair of royal blue flip flops - $4.

Last edited by oldhousegirl; 03-29-2013 at 09:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 04:08 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
JC Penney CEO Ron Johnson is out...

Back to the Future: Mike Ullman Rejoins JCP as CEO - Yahoo! Finance

Almost destroyed an iconic brand and will leave a rich man. That really is pathetic.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:06 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Already posted here with comments.

//www.city-data.com/forum/shopp...-no-price.html

Old 05-13-2013, 09:30 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
I went into my local J.C. Penney on Saturday. The good news? The store was packed, and there were lines at the registers. The bad news? Apparently they drastically altered their inventory of petite women's jeans! Now they only carry two brands - Lee and JCP (their own brand). I used to be able to find St. John's Bay, Gloria Vanderbilt, etc. I found one pair of jeans in my size, but they didn't fit very well. That was it; I was done.

The result? I ended up buying two very nice pairs of petite jeans at Macy's. I didn't particularly want to give Macy's my business, but it's not like I had a choice.

I hope the selection of petite jeans will be better the next time I visit a J.C. Penny.

Last edited by SandyCo; 05-13-2013 at 09:52 AM..

Old 05-14-2013, 05:53 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
I was at JCP yesterday, only difference I noticed was that the entire store was re-arranged; other than that, same-old-same-old.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:53 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Since the coupons came back - the prices at our store actually went up - so with the coupon, you are now paying a little more than before.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:04 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
And they're changing their logo again. Apparently the "fair and square" logo was too plain, and didn't say JC Penney on it.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:14 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Mouse Print* – Sneaky Fine Print»Blog Archive » “Fake” Regular Prices Return to J.C. Penney

It's so odd that people "want" to see inflated prices crossed and replaced by regular prices that now look like a discount. Where is common sense?
People are so used to see "discounts" that in reality are NO discounts at all, that they can't handle honest prices anymore? Are "fake" prices making them feel better when shopping?

Old 05-20-2013, 08:47 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It's so odd that people "want" to see inflated prices crossed and replaced by regular prices that now look like a discount. Where is common sense?
People are so used to see "discounts" that in reality are NO discounts at all, that they can't handle honest prices anymore? Are "fake" prices making them feel better when shopping?
There was the same reaction when Dillard's came to Cincinnati, taking over another department store (McAlpin's) that was known for its sales. Dillard's said it wasn't going to have sales, except for end-of-season clearances, and that all the merchandise would be fairly priced. Dontcha know, within a few months, Dillard's started having sales, and sales increased.

It makes no sense, but then again when you ask people if they'd prefer merchandise that is 50 percent off or 2 for 1, they choose 2 for 1 almost every time. Never underestimate the illogic of the human race! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products