Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 04:35 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,880,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
isn't bagging part of your training? I do realize common sense does come into play, but I'm also a realist....not too many people have common sense anymore.

Why don't you mention this to front line manager so some retraining can take place? No need to 'hand her head to her'. But, this is Wal Mart afterall and they don't care about customer service, just the bottom line.
No, they don't train people how to bag stuff and they should.

It's not true that Walmart doesn't care about customer service. It's the ONE thing that is pounded into every single person who works there and people have been fired for making a customer angry. I get irritated when I see things like "this is Wal Mart afterall" like you just expect every single store to be awful and the employees worse. Our STORE cares about the "bottom line", yes, but without our good loyal customers...to whom we try to give the best service...there would BE no "bottom line". Just because you don't like Walmart in general doesn't give you the right to diss the whole entire system. Well, maybe it does but it isn't right to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 07:13 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,203,902 times
Quote:
isn't bagging part of your training? I do realize common sense does come into play, but I'm also a realist....not too many people have common sense anymore.
Why don't you mention this to front line manager so some retraining can take place? No need to 'hand her head to her'. But, this is Wal Mart afterall and they don't care about customer service, just the bottom line.
It isn't just a problem at Walmart, it's happened to me at other stores. I would talk to the manager
and sure enough the next time I would come back to the store, it would happen again and again and
again. Thus the self check out.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:21 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,946,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
It isn't just a problem at Walmart, it's happened to me at other stores. I would talk to the manager
and sure enough the next time I would come back to the store, it would happen again and again and
again. Thus the self check out.

I love self check out..I just wish they'd do it for more than 10 or 20 items.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
No, they don't train people how to bag stuff and they should.

It's not true that Walmart doesn't care about customer service. It's the ONE thing that is pounded into every single person who works there and people have been fired for making a customer angry. I get irritated when I see things like "this is Wal Mart afterall" like you just expect every single store to be awful and the employees worse. Our STORE cares about the "bottom line", yes, but without our good loyal customers...to whom we try to give the best service...there would BE no "bottom line". Just because you don't like Walmart in general doesn't give you the right to diss the whole entire system. Well, maybe it does but it isn't right to do that.
Really? No bagging training at all? None? Zero? Wow.

And yes it is true..Wal Mart, as a whole does, not care about customer service, if they did, they wouldn't have so many people bitching about them.

I know people who hate WM but can't afford to shop anywhere else...it's not the clean stores or the happy employees that get ppl in the door, it's the prices. It's not the customer service that keeps them either, it's the price. Some ppl can't afford to shop anywhere else. Thank God I can afford to go anywhere I want, the thought of being forced to shop there makes my skin crawl.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
I love self check out..I just wish they'd do it for more than 10 or 20 items.
That's what they were originally intended for but we have people coming through with baskets full. I don't think there's any limit at our store.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Really? No bagging training at all? None? Zero? Wow.

And yes it is true..Wal Mart, as a whole does, not care about customer service, if they did, they wouldn't have so many people bitching about them.

I know people who hate WM but can't afford to shop anywhere else...it's not the clean stores or the happy employees that get ppl in the door, it's the prices. It's not the customer service that keeps them either, it's the price. Some ppl can't afford to shop anywhere else. Thank God I can afford to go anywhere I want, the thought of being forced to shop there makes my skin crawl.
No, which is why I would LOVE the opportunity to be able to train them. It isn't right to just throw them out there to sink or swim and take the chance of making customers unhappy. We have a lot of new cashiers these days, and they are mostly very young, so they DO need to be trained.

I'm glad nobody is forced to shop at Walmart. Great thing about a free country. Our customers shop at all the stores in town. I do believe that some of Walmart's problems are because of each stores management. Not all managers are high caliber and I'm really grateful that my store has such a great management team. They work hard to keep our store at the top of the heap.

I suppose the more customers a store has the more chance there will be that you will get the disgruntled and unhappy. If we only had half the people come in that we do it would likely reduce the number of complaints.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
No, which is why I would LOVE the opportunity to be able to train them. It isn't right to just throw them out there to sink or swim and take the chance of making customers unhappy. We have a lot of new cashiers these days, and they are mostly very young, so they DO need to be trained.

I'm glad nobody is forced to shop at Walmart. Great thing about a free country. Our customers shop at all the stores in town. I do believe that some of Walmart's problems are because of each stores management. Not all managers are high caliber and I'm really grateful that my store has such a great management team. They work hard to keep our store at the top of the heap.

I suppose the more customers a store has the more chance there will be that you will get the disgruntled and unhappy. If we only had half the people come in that we do it would likely reduce the number of complaints.

No, it's not right to just throw someone out there and expect them to know something they weren't taught. You should talk to your manager about being a part of training program or ask them to include bagging as part of the training. I'm surprised more ppl havent' complained to your manager...who knows, maybe they did they just blew it off?

Oh, trust me, I"m glad that I have other shopping options...I just feel for those who are 'forced' to shop there because of income, location or what have you.

Our county has 7 Super Wal Marts and 5 Neighborhood Markets; the markets are a step up from the Super WMs, but sadly our SWMs pretty look the same, with two being really, really bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products