Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 03:24 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I have reported positive experiences (with names and dates) before, and I'm sure I will do so in the future.

Sadly since customer service has mostly died in this country, it's unusual for me to experience good customer service. "Acceptable" is about as good as it gets these days. I don't expect retail clerks to grovel and kiss my toes (unless I'm at Nordstrom, where they're paid well to do that) but I do expect common courtesy like not chewing gum while you're working, not rolling your eyes at me, thanking me, etc. So many clerks nowadays behave like they're doing you a favor by letting you shop in the store.

Another thing that drives me nuts is when you have people standing out on the floor gossiping with each other instead of greeting you, then copping a 'tude if you politely interrupt their non-work related conversation to ask a question. I saw that in a Bath and Body Works a couple of weeks ago; a couple of grossly overweight girls in their early 20s standing around doing nothing and chatting to each other in obscenity-laden Spanish while a harried and stressed impossibly thin and gay guy was doing ALL of the work. Every bit of it. BBW got an e-mail from me about all of them that day.

All clerks, in all retail stores, are paid to give you excellent customer service. I agree with you that CS has gone down the toilet and that's why I won't shop where there isn't excellent service.

Kudos on the email to BBWs,but did you talk to the manager as well? I would've spoken to someone in the store and sent that email. That kind of behavior is disgusting and they are there to help you, not gossip their shift away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 05:45 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
It has been my experience that a negative report will be given at the drop of a hat while the positive ones are few and far between. I get a LOT of positive comments made TO me but rarely will a customer report it to a manager. My co workers report the same thing.

You are so right which is why I make it a point to report positive experiences to managers. It take so little time & means a lot.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 08-13-2013, 06:31 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times
I find it difficult to find anyone manning the cash registers these days at some of the larger department stores. Pretty bad when you have to go from department to department just to find an employee when you want to make a purchase. CS is practically non existent in a lot of stores. Why doesn't management see this and address it?

Old 08-13-2013, 08:28 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
It has been my experience that a negative report will be given at the drop of a hat while the positive ones are few and far between. I get a LOT of positive comments made TO me but rarely will a customer report it to a manager. My co workers report the same thing.

You are so right which is why I make it a point to report positive experiences to managers. It take so little time & means a lot.
Thank you for that. It does mean a lot and is appreciated very much.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post

I wish stores had a program where could fill out a form giving praise to the employee; it would first go to the manager, but then be passed on to the employee. Knowing you do a good job it's great, but hearing it from a customer is awesome.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:16 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
I wish stores had a program where could fill out a form giving praise to the employee; it would first go to the manager, but then be passed on to the employee. Knowing you do a good job it's great, but hearing it from a customer is awesome.
In my store we have, what I call "attaboy/girl cards". They are just little cards that the CSMs write on and tell you a little of what a customer said. I have one that says "for being fantastic". I like that one! lol The rest are just "good job!" or something similar. These all get passed on to higher management. Another customer wrote out a big long note and gave it to the store manager directly. Most customers don't do that, or say anything to the CSMs, but they DO tell me and that's fine with me. Knowing that I make 'most' of my customers happy makes me happy.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
In my store we have, what I call "attaboy/girl cards". They are just little cards that the CSMs write on and tell you a little of what a customer said. I have one that says "for being fantastic". I like that one! lol The rest are just "good job!" or something similar. These all get passed on to higher management. Another customer wrote out a big long note and gave it to the store manager directly. Most customers don't do that, or say anything to the CSMs, but they DO tell me and that's fine with me. Knowing that I make 'most' of my customers happy makes me happy.
thanks for the info..didn't know that!

Old 08-16-2013, 05:39 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Many stores have a link at the bottom of the register slip for taking a survey and usually allows for comments.
I just made sure I had the names of the employees I encountered form my last Home Depot visit so I could name them and comment on how great they were.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:38 PM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Many times I have contacted the store or done one of the surveys when I've had exceptional service - and it is out there.

Update on my experiences - emailed Macy's and never did hear a word from them. I checked the store again and the set up was still the same - all clearance items on 75% off rack even though they weren't 75% off. Stopped by a couple of days later and found that they now had the clothes with the appropriate % off signs - they must have finally had enough complaints.

Walmart - received a call from what I assume was the store manager - sounded like Nick as he spoke quickly. He asked that I call him back and said he'd be at the store from 8-2 - but he actually gets there at 7am. I waited the next day until 10 am - as I know how hectic the beginning of the day can be with meetings ect. Called the number and asked to speak to Nick saying I was returning his call. Young girl replies - there's no Nick here. I asked if there was someone else with a name similar as I may have misunderstood - dead silence - "Hello?" She responds do you mean Mike? I ask if his nickname is Mick? She replys no - is this about a job? I said no this was about a situation I had at your store the other day - again dead silence - I asked if there was a manager there - she tells me no - maybe you mean Rick - Is Rick a manager - yes but he's not here.

I was going to call back - but you know - I have other things to do in my life - I did email Rick and said that I had tried to contact him but that he wasn't there at the times he said he would be and I hoped to hear from him. Nada response - I absolutely refuse to patronize that location of Walmart again.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:11 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I use to be out at the stores all of the time, but find now with the kids grown and my husband and myself getting older, we don't need as much. With nothing to do - I decided to go shopping today - what a mistake. I ended up contacting 2 of the stores due to problems.

I'm just going to copy and paste the one to Macys

I stopped by the Macy's Blvd location today and happened to see racks and racks of Woman's Clothing marked at 75% off. There were many shoppers going through the racks, who had armfuls of clothes. After picking up 7 tops, I proceeded to the register and an associate began to ring the items up. I stopped her as the items were not ringing up at 75% off and she explained that though the signs said 75% - the items were priced as marked. They were told to put all clearance items on the racks by management, and then to explain to customers while ringing them up that all items were not 75% off.

Now I don't know what fool is in management that told them that - but it is very poor customer service, for people to believe they will be purchasing the item for one price and then being told no it's another price. It is also poor management that would allow the sales associates to have to explain this to customers and take the fallout from the customer. I told her I did not want the items at the scanned price and that I would be contacting Macys concerning this false advertising. I am also going to contact NY State and the Better Business Bureau. I believe in NY State - if you advertise something at a given price or percentage off, you have to honor that. You had a lot of upset buyers today - some put the items back, others purchased some items but gave the poor sales associates a hard time. This situation does not present the image that Macys likes to maintain.

Did the sign say UP to 75 percent off. I know customers frequently don't read the up part and a few like yourself get all annoyed. If that is what happened it is just a simple error you made so don't feel bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products