Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 09:39 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,263,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
All clerks, in all retail stores, are paid to give you excellent customer service. I agree with you that CS has gone down the toilet and that's why I won't shop where there isn't excellent service.

Kudos on the email to BBWs,but did you talk to the manager as well? I would've spoken to someone in the store and sent that email. That kind of behavior is disgusting and they are there to help you, not gossip their shift away.
The manager was one of the gossipers, according to the guy working there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 12:25 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,030,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
I find it difficult to find anyone manning the cash registers these days at some of the larger department stores. Pretty bad when you have to go from department to department just to find an employee when you want to make a purchase. CS is practically non existent in a lot of stores. Why doesn't management see this and address it?
It's very simple - shareholders don't want to pay people. If they pay people, they get less money in their dividend checks. So, stores are trying to operate with insufficient numbers of employees. Managers can't do a damn thing about it. Their payroll budgets have been cut.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:00 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,937,803 times
I was just at the customer service counter at our local grocery store. A woman had a complaint, which seemed legitimate, in that she had been told her shopper's card would be linked to the one her husband had, and they would compile fuel points as one account. We get $.10 off per gallon for every $100 spent, so it adds up.

The customer service man was very patient, and polite. The customer started ranting about her groceries needing to get refrigerated, and the store rep said he was there all day, would be happy to investigate and call her. The woman grabbed her receipts and said she would never shop there again. You have to feel for store employees under circumstances like that.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:09 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,900,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I was just at the customer service counter at our local grocery store. A woman had a complaint, which seemed legitimate, in that she had been told her shopper's card would be linked to the one her husband had, and they would compile fuel points as one account. We get $.10 off per gallon for every $100 spent, so it adds up.

The customer service man was very patient, and polite. The customer started ranting about her groceries needing to get refrigerated, and the store rep said he was there all day, would be happy to investigate and call her. The woman grabbed her receipts and said she would never shop there again. You have to feel for store employees under circumstances like that.
A few days ago I had to deal with an irate customer. She was angry that the people in front of her had three little kids who were excited to spend their own money on toys they wanted and seemed to feel they were taking entirely too long. They were with their grandparents, and it really didn't take that long to get all three kids through their purchases, but this woman was getting madder by the second! She literally slammed her items onto the belt and her attitude was "out there" for all the world to see. I give the grandparents credit for, pretty much, ignoring her and the kids, luckily, didn't even notice. By the time I was done checking her out she had calmed down but sheesh! She seemed to think that kids had no business taking up HER time at the register.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:47 AM

22 posts, read 27,216 times
This is also a way of deceiving customers because once customer pick items to counter he or she does not return due to embarrassment. I have also such experiences, now whenever I see a discount offer on a rack I first ask the dealer, whether this offer is for all items or not.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:10 AM

89 posts, read 202,591 times
it is the common phenomenon that very one has encountered some bad shopping experiences when doing shopping whether online or in store. last week, i buy a shirt online, but the shirt is not the one i ordered. so i contact with customer service, and they agree to return this shirt and send me back a new shirt rather than refund. the postage is my charge! i paid for their carelessness and it seems not be to reasonable.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:13 PM

Location: Room 603 Building 1 No.32 Xueyuan Road Shanghai China 200010
4 posts, read 3,825 times
Farah, bad experience leads to a good result. Don't be astonished let me explain you. When your experience is pleasant, you feel excellent and leave that matter but when it is bad then it remains in your mind, which definitely makes you alert in every situation.So here you get the proper idea of choosing dresses and easily find out the right outfits. And next time you definitely avoid the store which doesn't have a good collection of outfits then your valuable time must not waste.

Old 09-29-2013, 01:51 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I use to be out at the stores all of the time, but find now with the kids grown and my husband and myself getting older, we don't need as much. With nothing to do - I decided to go shopping today - what a mistake. I ended up contacting 2 of the stores due to problems.

I'm just going to copy and paste the one to Macys

I stopped by the Macy's Blvd location today and happened to see racks and racks of Woman's Clothing marked at 75% off. There were many shoppers going through the racks, who had armfuls of clothes. After picking up 7 tops, I proceeded to the register and an associate began to ring the items up. I stopped her as the items were not ringing up at 75% off and she explained that though the signs said 75% - the items were priced as marked. They were told to put all clearance items on the racks by management, and then to explain to customers while ringing them up that all items were not 75% off.

Now I don't know what fool is in management that told them that - but it is very poor customer service, for people to believe they will be purchasing the item for one price and then being told no it's another price. It is also poor management that would allow the sales associates to have to explain this to customers and take the fallout from the customer. I told her I did not want the items at the scanned price and that I would be contacting Macys concerning this false advertising. I am also going to contact NY State and the Better Business Bureau. I believe in NY State - if you advertise something at a given price or percentage off, you have to honor that. You had a lot of upset buyers today - some put the items back, others purchased some items but gave the poor sales associates a hard time. This situation does not present the image that Macys likes to maintain.
Hard to believe they'd do that, and, get away with misrepresenting like that.
The member that posted after you had great advice, if you possess a Iphone or a small digital camera, take a pic and show it to the cashier or manager, as evidence.

My spouse and I have shopped stores in the past, not just Walmart, where they had a weekly ad in print, you go there, pick the item off the rack and the regular price shows up. You know, many people pay no attention to that, they just pay the total and never realize they paid full price til they get back home. We've made that mistake many, many times. At least you're an aware shopper-consumer who is paying attention to what items are ringing up as!

Old 10-06-2013, 09:32 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,900,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Hard to believe they'd do that, and, get away with misrepresenting like that.
The member that posted after you had great advice, if you possess a Iphone or a small digital camera, take a pic and show it to the cashier or manager, as evidence.

My spouse and I have shopped stores in the past, not just Walmart, where they had a weekly ad in print, you go there, pick the item off the rack and the regular price shows up. You know, many people pay no attention to that, they just pay the total and never realize they paid full price til they get back home. We've made that mistake many, many times. At least you're an aware shopper-consumer who is paying attention to what items are ringing up as!
As a cashier I've learned to pay attention to stuff like that. Many times things that are on sale will have the sale sticker price on them and STILL ring up at the regular price. It's an easy fix but it's aggravating to us too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products