Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 08:10 AM

105 posts, read 246,835 times

Advertisements

I am not 100% sure if this is the correct forum for my dilemma but anyways: For an order I received from a buyer in France I had to print out a Priority Mail International label from the Click-N-Ship website. The box was 17 x 17 x 7 (LWH) and weighed over 4 lbs so I could not use First Class International Mail.

When I filled out the online customs forms and paid for the label I proceeded to print the label. However, for whatever reason I kept getting errors that the label could not be printed and I received blank paper from my printer. I repeated this process several more times until I quit and requested a refund. This happened last week on Sept. 10th. The next day I created a new label and was able to successfully print it out. Everything went smoothly from there and the buyer was satisfied with his purchase.

The refund is currently "Pending" and after 10 days I am not sure if the refund process takes this long or they are going to decline my request. Is there anything I can do to help my case or quicken the process of getting a refund sooner? I used PayPal to fund the purchase of the label. I know PayPal has options to resolve my case but I do not want to use their services unless I have no choice.

The label cost almost $45.00 so I really want the money back for a label I was unable to print out.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 06:25 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
Each label has an expiration date on it. No refunds are issued until that expiration date has passed. I'm not sure what the time frame is ofr international priority mail, but if you look at the one that was correct, you'll see a expiration date listed. Just count the days from when you purchased it to the expiration date and that will give you an idea of the minimum time before a refund can be issued.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:40 PM

I have a copy of the label that did work and I do not see any expiration date listed. I believe I read on the refund terms that you have a 30 day window to submit a refund. After 10 days it seems like a very long time in this age to wait for a response.

Forgive my naivety but I only have recently opened a USPS Click-N-Ship account for shipping International packages for large boxes. I mainly use PP to print shipping labels. So I am unfamiliar on how it works for Click-N-Ship. Thanks.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:55 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
The standard expiration is 14 days from purchase. That means they will not issue any refunds during that intial 14 days just in case you did use it. I believe this is because not all packages properly scan and it may already be in transit so they estimate that by those 14 days, it would have reached it's destination and at least will be manually entered in at delivery. I've used Click-N-Ship for many eyars and it's a decent service (except for the missed initial and transit scans) and they are very good on refunding money.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:41 PM

So it is standard to wait over two weeks for a refund? I did not know about the expiration date/refund policy for USPS. I went over the refund policies and did not see it mentioned on that page of the website.

I guess I will wait and see what happens. Is it wise to email customer service just to ask some general questions?

Old 09-21-2013, 06:52 AM

22,565 posts, read 47,614,734 times
I just received a refund from them.

The form clearly stated that
"Your request for a refund has been received and will be processed within fourteen days."

I made the request 9/4. It was posted to my CC 9/18, but it did not show up online until this morning 9/21.
This was a domestic mailing... I do not know if things are different internationally.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I just received a refund from them.

The form clearly stated that
"Your request for a refund has been received and will be processed within fourteen days."

I made the request 9/4. It was posted to my CC 9/18, but it did not show up online until this morning 9/21.
This was a domestic mailing... I do not know if things are different internationally.
I used PayPal to pay for my labels and I have not received any notifications for my refund request. Now I see that even for domestic shipments the refund process takes at least two weeks. Thanks.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:04 PM

Yesterday afternoon I received two notifications emails, one from PP and the other from USPS, that my refund was approved. I logged onto my PP account and the refund from USPS was completed on my account. I am so relieved that it was approved and I can move on without worrying about it any more!

Old 06-19-2014, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 10,405 times
I ve a click n ship label that could not use because the estimated wight on price paid was incorrect when to get a refund from local office they denied my request ve to submit on line...when submitting on line request wuss denied because refund is pending....I did not requested so who did....this is bad service if money paid for label when to USPS benefit why when going to local office n request for refund is not accepted. They can take the label on spot and see if it's use prior or not makes life easier for consumer .

Old 06-19-2014, 10:36 AM

22,565 posts, read 47,614,734 times
IDK... making trips unnecessarily into a PO is not making MY life easier.
I bought online - I got refunded online. No problems!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products