Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 12:11 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times

Advertisements

Most of the BF deals out there are limited items and quatities for sale and if you wait until later on you'll find the same items or even better items at the same sale price or in many cases at better sale prices, and you don't have a riotous crowd to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2013, 05:42 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,150,927 times
I went Black Friday shopping this year just to see what it was like. I went past American Eagle, saw a sign that everything is 50% off. Wanted a sweater, original price was $90, with the discount it was $45 which was still too much. I agree with the sentiment that some of these discounts are just to get people in the store. After that who knows what happens, but overall, from what I saw, Black Friday seems to be a bit overrated. The big TV that everyone seemed to be getting was an Element product. I checked and it's gotten pretty bad reviews.

I disagree, however, that Black Friday will go away. It won't. Internet purchases were up 20% if I remember hearing correctly, which would mean that brick and mortar stores are going to further push the envelope to get people away from their computers and back into the stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products