Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 06:18 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times

Advertisements

My daughter is becoming a fashion diva so I think I will get some inexpensive jewelry, some hair accessories and maybe a funky pair of sox and put in her stocking.

When she was younger, one year it was colored pencils, new crayons, those special markers that only mark on certain kinds of SPECIAL paper, things like that.

We have this jewelry store in the mall that does a 10 items for $5. Its cheap jewelry but some of its pretty cool and they often have head bands, key chains and the Italian charm bracelet links as part of the items on sale. You can get ALOT of stuff for very little money. She looses earrings anyway, I hate to spend much money on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 09:19 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,968 times
Oranges, bananas, apples, peanuts (in shells), chocolates, socks, small sized toiletries, pens

Old 12-09-2007, 04:58 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I was in Wal-Mart last night and wandered down this aisle that had self care products, alot of them geared toward children, like lip glosses and so forth. We got one set of 6 chapsticks that were shaped like cans of soda, dr. Pepper, 7 up, Root Beer and so forth. I think I will get her some lip gloss and such as well. I remember how much I absolutely treasured things like that when I was her age, I thought I looked like a movie star with a little light gloss on my lips.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:46 PM

324 posts, read 883,600 times
My sisters and I all help to collect stuff for each other's stocking all year. We're not kids, so there is no point in stressing our mom out trying to find stuff we might like. We just give it to her to put in our stockings so it all stays a surprise. We usually do things like cosmetics, small accessories, or any small gadgets we come across. This year I'm thinking of getting my one sister the Energizer Energi To Go portable power booster for her iPod. She has had my car iPod charger forever, so hopefully if she gets this then she'll give me my charger back!

Old 12-12-2007, 07:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,188 times
Default For the most unusual stocking gift

www.crescentcitycarols.com. It's also a benefit project for the only parish (county) that was 100% devastated by Katrina.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:42 PM

429 posts, read 684,871 times
lip gloss,pretty socks,hair accessories,and sugar less gum for my daughter.lottery tickets,mens body spray,breath mints,sugarless gum for my teenager and any cute well made small trinketsfrom the dollar store for my little one.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:38 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Our stockings always have an orange and an apple in them. Dad said when he was a kid in the 30s it was the only time of year he got oranges. Mom still fills stockings for us every Christmas.

I like getting funky socks, boxes of tea, inexpensive jewelry, nail polish, little kitchen gadgets, etc.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:33 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Default What do you stuff in your Christmas Stockings?

The only things I stuff in my Christmas Stockings are my Christmas Feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products