Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 10:11 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,827,029 times

Advertisements

Nobody uses Aliexpress?
What about DH gate?

I want to try them out but most of the vendors are in China and South Korea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 05:29 PM

132 posts, read 117,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasanna Reddy View Post
There are many online sites for shopping am confused for shopping online ,sometimes i feel its risky for shopping online

is there any risk in online shopping?
There certainly can be, though they are rare. I have a 99.9% success rate with most of mine. I just recently broke out of it and got caught up in a credit card scam though. Thank goodness for filing a dispute charge and getting out of it freely and quickly.

The place put up a temporary site with prices that almost seemed to good to be true. They certainly were, after I ordered about a day later the site vanished after they charged mine and everyone else's credit cards immediately. When I didn't get an order confirmation after a few days and couldn't contact them, I took other action. Come to find out thousands others were in the same boat and did the same.

I hope they are rotting in jail now.....

Old 04-13-2014, 05:32 PM

132 posts, read 117,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeHarpring View Post
There's no such thing as risk free all the more when it comes to online shopping. You don't get to see and touch the real thing before buying it.
Also very true, also why I still purchase a great majority locally. Nothing like ordering and getting a second or a big flaw on it and having to return it.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:11 PM

169 posts, read 828,854 times
There is always risk when buying online. Scams run rampant nowadays. But, most people do take their company/business seriously and are legit. I'm a big advocate for Etsy (but I'm biased since I do have a shop on the site ). Majority of my online transactions have went without a hitch but there have been a few I was completely unhappy with. I ordered my son a Darth Vader costume this past Halloween and the initial shipment arrived with half the pieces and the sizing was so innacurate. A boys size small (4) could fit a fully grown adult male (my husband). They express shipped me another one thinking it was just mislabled. But nope. The manufacturer was clearly just insane. I had to cut, hot glue, sew and add velcro to numerous places to even make it somewhat work. I was hoping for a full refund but they only gave 30%

Zulily is a joke. It took over a month to get my items and when I did, one shirt was GIGANTIC and the shoes looked awful and weren't true to size. Luckily they gave me a refund but it really made me rethink buying clothing or shoes that I can't try on first.

When buying online just make sure the website is secure, trusted, and has a good track record. Use common sense and you're good to go!

Old 04-19-2014, 01:50 AM

36 posts, read 107,385 times
There is nothing risky in it but while buying any product we should clarify it properly whether the product is properly delivered or not.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:53 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,450,465 times
I only buy certain things online. Usually movies or stuff I want for the house (ie: freezer mugs, shower curtain and other matching bathroom items, bakeware, toys for my dog, etc) The most expensive thing I ever bought was a kitchen table from Target, it was $200. It had great reviews, and I love it. Looks way better and is way more comfortable than our old one from Ikea.

However, some items I would never buy are clothes, shoes, a mattress, couch or a desk chair. I am training for a work at home position and there are a lot of chairs online, but since I will be sitting in that chair for 8 hrs I need to make sure it's very comfortable.

I also only buy from legit websites/companies like Target, Amazon, Kohls, etc.

I read one time, and I don't remember where, but that online shopper is actually safer since the website is a secured link. There has been a lot of thefts at the stores lately - Target and Michaels for example. So of course internet theft can happen, it just doesn't seem to happen at a large scale like the Target/Michaels break ins.

Old 04-19-2014, 03:37 PM

963 posts, read 2,300,994 times
I buy clothes online, including suits. But I educate myself about various labels and how they fit before I buy. Then I buy only labels online that I know have the fit and quality I need. Same with shoes and shirts. The more you shop online the more educated you need to be about clothing.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:16 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,977,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustysmith View Post
I don’t think there is any risk in online shopping unless it’s a scam.
You are 100% incorrect.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:29 PM

528 posts, read 822,597 times
One thing I did was to set up a PayPal account with my CC information. I am sure I could still be scammed or hacked but by doing this my CC information is in one spot as opposed to numerous sites across the web. If I shop on ebay I always check their rating and I always avoid buying unless the item is located in the U.S. or Canada. Other sites I make sure it claims to be a secure site.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:52 AM

5 posts, read 20,265 times
Sometime yes and sometime no. You really need to investigate before using online shopping websites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products