Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 02:38 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
Same here. I call it.."Surgical Strike Shopping"...Go in, identify target, retrieve, execute sale, leave store.................
Same here. I was thrilled when I found a pair of shoes at the first stop a few weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 06:12 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,163,191 times
I like food shopping and buying stuff for my home, both indoor and outdoor. I also do well buying cosmetics and making regular appointments for hair, etc. But I cannot stand buying clothes. My idea of shopping is breezing through a store, picking stuff off the rack that looks good to me, buying it, trying it on at home and returning most of it.

Old 08-09-2018, 08:17 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,085 times
I limit my clothing purchases to a few online retailers (Eileen Fisher, Gudrun Sjoden, L.L. Bean) and Lands End for swimsuits.

By limiting your retailers, you learn the particular fit of each one, and pieces easily coordinate with each other. My return rate is probably less than 5%.

The only time I buy something in an actual store is when I'm bra-shopping. Still have to try those on in person!

Old 08-10-2018, 09:31 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
I do. I hate shopping. I hate looking for things I need and not finding it. It's really annoying to cloth shop and not find things in your size. How hard can it be. It's not like I am huge or anything.
That is why I buy most things on Amazon.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:26 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I limit my clothing purchases to a few online retailers (Eileen Fisher, Gudrun Sjoden, L.L. Bean) and Lands End for swimsuits.

By limiting your retailers, you learn the particular fit of each one, and pieces easily coordinate with each other. My return rate is probably less than 5%.

The only time I buy something in an actual store is when I'm bra-shopping. Still have to try those on in person!
I mainly ONLINE order from Nordstrom, Macy's, Express, & HSN. I don't limit it on purpose. Those are just the main ones I seem to online order from the most. I can pretty much pinpoint my sizing as well as I know of a couple of shoe brands that I'm confident to order without trying them on 1st & I know they'll fit well! I've even ordered a new bra style or two ONLINE & it fit like a glove.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:26 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
I abhor shopping in any form except books online since there are no libraries here. Even then, have to limit myself to the free or 99 cent deals. I read too fast!

Hate clothes shopping/shoes/groceries. DH enjoys it so he often goes grocery shopping with the other guys without me! LOL. When they are going to the big malls, I beg off.

Not sure why. It all just bores me or frustrates me....now researching vacations CAN be fun, sometimes.

Old 08-18-2018, 07:17 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
I'd rather be beaten than go shopping.

I see these women just wandering around the grocery store, fingering this and that, clearly bored out of their minds.

Don't they have something else to do?

Old 08-19-2018, 05:42 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I'd rather be beaten than go shopping.

I see these women just wandering around the grocery store, fingering this and that, clearly bored out of their minds.

Don't they have something else to do?
How about make a list and send their husbands instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products