Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 03:56 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times

Advertisements

Yes, I hate shopping. I suppose I'd like it better if I had the money for all that, but then I'd get sick of all the extra junk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 04:17 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,271,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat1105 View Post
I think it might be an age thing. I liked it when I was younger and needed things. Now I'm trying to get rid of stuff. I much prefer online shopping now; I can find EXACTLY what I'm looking for without a lot of contact with the general public.
Me too! I used to go every weekend and just browse. Now I even hate going grocery shopping.

I do most of my shopping online and now that I think about it - I look at something almost every other day. I like to keep a small wardrobe, but I change it out constantly. Get something and get rid of something. I've already done my spring and some summer shopping!

Old 03-27-2014, 04:29 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think part of the excitement/fun of shopping is some aspect of the unattainable.

I feel the same way about gambling. Once you have it why take the chance and lose it. It takes the fun out of it.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:53 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
I like online shopping. Before the www, when I was younger, I used to enjoy going to the mall. But now, I have agoraphobia, and it's just too noisy and bustling and crowded for me to bear. Online is peaceful and I don't have to drive anywhere and even get dressed and it's 24/7. Not good for most clothing and shoes though, since I can't try anything on first, so then returns are more trouble.
Maybe that's my problem. I can't stand crowds and noise. That is the reason I only go grocery shopping in mid morning on weekdays. I don't go to the mall ever. As for clothes shopping, I usually put it off way too long. When I finally go, I buy a bunch of whatever I need at once, so I don't have to make repeated trips. The main things I don't like about shopping is having to drive to and fro, park, walk into whatever store, and hope they have whatever it is I'm looking for. If they don't, I have to do it again. I also don't like having to stand in line and wait in order to spend money at a business. That's always irked me, which was why I gave up the Walmart addiction. So I shop online for everything I can. Then when it arrives in the mail, it's like Christmas

Old 03-27-2014, 05:46 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,422,019 times
I used to love shopping, but it's no fun anymore. Everything in my size is ugly as homemade sin, and I don't fit anything in a store. The quality is horrible - thin, see-through shirts, poor sizing, cheap thread, ugly buttons etc. I don't mind hemming or doing a bit of alteration, but it just isn't worth it. I buy maybe two or three things a year, to replace stuff that's falling apart.

Shoes are even worse!

Old 03-27-2014, 05:52 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I realize many women do, I just find it odd. I'm a female & I love it all: The clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry, sunglasses, makeup, etc.! How can a woman not like to shop?! From what I've seen, it's because maybe the woman isn't the slimmest in appearance so shopping around for clothes & disliking how they fit is just a frustrating & miserable experience. Then, of course there's not having the money to shop like one really wants to. What other reasons are there?

Absolutely, you are correct EVERY woman on the planet who does not like to shop is the biggest, fattest, greasiest, dirtiest, most disgusting pig out there who has no class, no taste, is trashy and would not DARE have ANY MONEY at all.

Yup, that's it alright, you nailed it, got us pegged the first time. Boy, how do you do it? How do you pick em the first time?

GAK, this is possibly the most _____________ paragraph I have ever read.

Some women do not like to shop because they do not feel the need to impress anyone else, spend money needlessly or keep up with whatever "Unfashionable" trend happens to be out there at the moment.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:20 PM

2,182 posts, read 2,319,833 times
I do not like to shop. Hate the crowds and the excessive choices. I love and have very nice things. I spend money on quality so that I don't have to do it again and again. My sister LOVES to shop and I tag along with her sometimes. It is a mild nightmare...lol

Old 03-27-2014, 07:10 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbird View Post
I do not like to shop. Hate the crowds and the excessive choices. I love and have very nice things. I spend money on quality so that I don't have to do it again and again. My sister LOVES to shop and I tag along with her sometimes. It is a mild nightmare...lol
Here's the solution to that. Wait until your sister has her next child (if applicable). Then, turn into a shopaholic. You will find shopping trips with your sister to be much shorter. My sister loved shopping until she had her second son, who just turned six months. Now, we only go to one store, if that, because she doesn't want to get him out of the child safety seat, unload the stroller, stuff him into it (by now he's about to cry), grab the diaper bag and other paraphernalia, haul him in the store, and entertain him while we discuss the merits of peep-toe shoes vs. stiletto heels.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:23 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,871 times
I love to shop in stores for things that have to do with hobbies I love, like fabric, or horse/pet stuff, or kitchen stuff, etc. Oh, and I LOVE book stores. I could browse in a bookstore for at least two hours or more before deciding I've had enough. It's also fun to look around stores that are more eclectic, and see all the interesting things they have for sale.

I don't like shopping for clothes or shoes, though. I just think it's a pain in the butt to have to try on a million things. My clothes are pretty simple - jeans and t-shirts for casual, maybe one or two more dressy items, and then work clothes. I like online browsing of clothes and shoes, I just don't like the in-person store experience. I also don't like wearing jewelry at all, so it's not even something I browse online for.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:45 PM

7,097 posts, read 4,820,754 times
I like to shop if I have the money for it. And it always seems that if I am shopping and not looking for something I need and I don't have the extra money ~~ I always find a ton of things! But when I am actively looking for something and I DO have the money for it....it's a dry desert out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products