Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 08:48 PM

919 posts, read 3,394,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanatastar View Post
I love World Market. I don't know if they are a Nationwide retailer...we have them in NC

http://www.worldmarket.com/home.jsp

Big national chain - but no worries. Aren't there some "must visit" furniture stores in NC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 02:05 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,864,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanatastar View Post
I love World Market. I don't know if they are a Nationwide retailer...we have them in NC

http://www.worldmarket.com/home.jsp
They're a national chain

Old 12-28-2007, 02:13 AM

Mars Cheese Castle - Kenosha, WI
Chocolate Chicken - Door County, WI
Alphabet - Chicago, IL
Circle Art at Home - Miami Beach, FL
The Gift Shop in the Art Institute of Chicago - it's incredible
Pumpkin Moon - Oak Park, IL - check out the site - funky and nostalgic things from the past
The Alpine Deli - Elmwood Park, IL - best Italian submarine sandwiches and home made Italian sauces to go
Sam Moon, Dallas, TX - a HUGE selection of costume jewelry and purses at wholesale prices - no women can go and not buy anything here
The Annual "One of Kind Show and Sale" - open to the public at the Merchandise Mart or Chicago - every December - a MUST for anyone into design and art

Old 12-28-2007, 10:57 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
Big national chain - but no worries. Aren't there some "must visit" furniture stores in NC?
Yes, all up in Hickory, NC, about 90 minutes north of Charlotte.

Old 12-28-2007, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Yes, all up in Hickory, NC, about 90 minutes north of Charlotte.
Hubby and I bought a household worth of furniture in Hickory. Even with shipping cost, it's worth the travel cost if you're buying lost of furniture. Of course if you live in NC, it's way worth it.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:32 PM

139 posts, read 375,349 times
I don't think this qualifies as being really truly unique (there's like 90 stores in 24 different states), but when it comes to clothes shopping - I LOVE Anthropologie! Their clothing can be pricey, but some of the items are unique and most of the times you won't see it on anybody else.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,522 times
Default Humphrys Flag Company

A very cool store in Philadelphia, they are a manufacturer that operates a retail store in old city Philly.

It is the kind of business that you dont see much of any more.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:57 AM

979 posts, read 3,827,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mer46 View Post
There is a cheese market place in PineLake MN. I dont know if you are looking for things like that but its a pretty cool place and you get to sample cheeses.
I wouldn't mind living in a cheese store. Does that count?

Old 02-17-2010, 04:39 PM

24 posts, read 66,533 times
-'The Shell Factory' ( Shellfactory.com ) in Fort Myer, Florida. It's one big Florida Souvenir Super Store, with a Nature park (a small zoo pretty much), and a Nightly Water show. It's not just shopping, it's an event.

-'Jungle Jim's' ( Junglejims.com ) in Fairfeild, OH has 6½ acres of floor space, descrided as a theme park of food. I haven't been there, but it's on my list of places to visit.

-I have been to the 'The Tattered Cover bookstore' ( Tatteredcover.com ) in Denver, It's a must see for any book lover. The Downtown store, on Denver's famous 16th Street mall, has three stories of retail space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products