Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 08:08 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,546,345 times

Advertisements

Comcast has been such a pain. They are my cable internet provider. First they raise the rates without any explanation, and now they are calling me once or twice a week trying to sell me more services.

I just told the guy on the phone that I don't want Comcast to call me any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 08:12 PM

22,584 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Sounds like you need a switch!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:16 PM

Hopefully they won't call me any more, at least. They're required to stop (at least sales calls) by law, since I told them to stop. But raising the rates without explanation still gets me mad. Yeah, a switch might be best.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:55 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,374,430 times
They are voted the worst company in America for a reason:
Congratulations To Comcast, Your 2014 Worst Company In America!

Old 06-18-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
They are voted the worst company in America for a reason:
Congratulations To Comcast, Your 2014 Worst Company In America!
Haha, funny article, but rooted in truth too.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:19 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,992,098 times
That reward is well deserved. I've had comcast for probably 12 years or so, last couple of years have gone downhill. Along with regular price increases, it took 6 months and 5 phone calls to get back a $35 credit they owed me, when I switched to the triple play package it took an act of congress to get the correct gateway that I wanted delivered, and I've had phantom pay per view purchases show up on my account, the last being a $75 boxing match

Telling people to switch might sound obvious, but it's not possible for many people.

Old 06-22-2014, 05:39 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
That reward is well deserved. I've had comcast for probably 12 years or so, last couple of years have gone downhill. Along with regular price increases, it took 6 months and 5 phone calls to get back a $35 credit they owed me, when I switched to the triple play package it took an act of congress to get the correct gateway that I wanted delivered, and I've had phantom pay per view purchases show up on my account, the last being a $75 boxing match

Telling people to switch might sound obvious, but it's not possible for many people.
Exactly. I know in Alexandria, VA, Comcast has a contract with the city that prevents their largest competition Verizon Fios from setting up shop. So if DirecTV is not an option because the way your building faces, it's either them or nothing.

When I moved into my current building last year, I had a hell of a time getting them to make needed repairs so I could have their cable/internet. They always wanted to come out between 8-5 M-F and I said repeatedly, "I'm at work them hours g$ddamn it!" Finally escalated up to my buildings HOA and the repairs were made for my tier. I'm seriously considering to a part of Arlington where FIOS is available for my next move.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:40 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I'd switch to fiber optic in a second if it were available in my neighborhood. My only other internet option is DSL or mobile broadband, and it's nowhere near as fast as what I've got with Comcast.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:00 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,301,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I'd switch to fiber optic in a second if it were available in my neighborhood. My only other internet option is DSL or mobile broadband, and it's nowhere near as fast as what I've got with Comcast.
Aw you poor thing! Should you boohoo or sue?

I thought you had Time Warner?

Old 06-22-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherphotographer View Post
Aw you poor thing! Should you boohoo or sue?

I thought you had Time Warner?
I don't understand your thinking. If more options were available in more places, subscribers would be better off and we wouldn't be at the mercy of the limited providers. I still have Comcast because my choice is very limited. But I am considering changing, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products