Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2014, 06:43 PM

307 posts, read 560,201 times

Advertisements

There is a sign on my front yard (it was there when we moved in. We're renting) put up by some company that sells security systems...indicating that the house is protected by such and such company. Of course, the house doesn't really have a security system. The sign is just a front..but if it keeps the burglars away..thinking the house is really wired for security, it's fine with us. Sometime soon, I suppose, a smart burglar will figure out that the house doesn't really have a security system.

I do want a security system...a reasonable one...but one that works for what it's intended. I know what's behind "great deals", and the "only $99/month" ads...can end up costing a lot more once they got you hooked. Anyway, I read about SimpliSafe system..and here is a copy of their ad:

At SimpliSafe, There Are No Middlemen.

SimpliSafe has sliced out shady contracts, intrusive installations, and costly middlemen. We designed our system from scratch to give you everything you need in a security system plus some exciting bells and whistles. We sell direct to you, online. Our system is easy to self-install, and we pass the savings onto you with excellent equipment pricing and monthly monitoring for just $14.99/month.SimpliSafe has sliced out shady contracts, intrusive installations, and costly middlemen. We designed our system from scratch to give you everything you need in a security system plus some exciting bells and whistles. We sell direct to you, online. Our system is easy to self-install, and we pass the savings onto you with excellent equipment pricing and monthly monitoring for just $14.99/month.

If anyone in this forum has had experience with SimpliSafe, I'd appreciate hearing from you. I just want to be cautious and not saying that all purveyors of home security systems are crooks. I just don't want to be taken, that's all. I don't mind paying more for a really good system...if it really is good and worth the money they charge. I don't like some who try to make you believe you're getting such a great deal...and later sock it you with hidden charges. Thanks...really appreciate hearing from you.

Last edited by FCStraight; 06-27-2014 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: Adjusted & reformatted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 05:42 AM

1,812 posts, read 4,221,585 times
Have you read the reviews on Amazon? There are 1,691 reviews for Simplisafe2 Wireless Home Security System 8-piece Plus Package. Overall it gets a 4.6 star rating.

I'm going to read the reviews and consider buying this system.

Thanks for posting!

Old 06-28-2014, 11:14 AM

307 posts, read 560,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Lily View Post
Have you read the reviews on Amazon? There are 1,691 reviews for Simplisafe2 Wireless Home Security System 8-piece Plus Package. Overall it gets a 4.6 star rating.

I'm going to read the reviews and consider buying this system.

Thanks for posting!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks, TN Lily. I will do just that.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:35 AM

FCStraight, you can order extra sensors from Simplisafe. After looking at Amazon and the company's website, we are going to order from the company. If you buy a kit from Amazon, the individual sensors are much cheaper to buy straight from Simplsafe.

The Simplisafe website and facebook pages are loaded with information.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:10 AM

1 posts, read 3,244 times
Did either of you end up purchasing the system? What have your experiences been with Simplisafe so far?

I have read that there are a couple of issues with Simplisafe:

1) customer service has limited hours

2) they do not have window break sensors

3) you need extra sirens for it to be effective

4) looks like their cell phone service only works with T-mobile and Verizon (possibly - not as sure with this one)

Despite that, has the system worked well for you?

Old 07-09-2014, 04:27 AM

I have not ordered yet. I found a thread on the SimpliSafe website re the glass sensors. I suspect you have already found it, but just in case:

Glass Break sensor! Comment if you are interested | Home Security System

My husband has done more of the reading than I have. We have Verizon so I don't think that will be an issue.

Verizon availability | Wireless Home Security Systems

Old 07-11-2014, 11:14 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Send me your email address and I can refer Simplisafe to you and I get a month free.

Feel free to ask any question, I have had the system for almost a year and ADT was begging me to come back at any price but I will still continue to deny them.

I have one master, 2 motions, 4 windows alarms, 1 fire/smoke, 1 temp alarm, and 3 door alarms. For the same monthly price of $25.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products