Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 08:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHappy View Post
Except at Walmart you get the BOGO at $4.97 for two cans of Lysol, that's $2.49 each. And you can get up to four deals, so 8 cans at $2.49 each. Walk out the door, come back, and you can get four more deals, as many times as you want. Walmart matches the BOGO, but charges only their regular price for the Lysol. Publix jacked the price up to $7.29 for ONE can of Lysol and you think you're getting some kind of bargain???

I don't mind a little chaos to walk out with more money in my pocket instead of sticking it into the pockets of somebody else.
I think anyone that feels they can't get better deals on non perishables just simply has a problem with Walart overall; whether snobbishness, or not liking their policies, whatever, there is no denying boxed goods are cheaper. I am just not a huge Walmart fan. of course you know this, from my original post. And yes, I am over my rant now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 09:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
They do here in Ocala, Florida, and in Hendersonville, NC where my sister lives. Today I got BOGO on Klondike bars, Thomas bagels, and Chef Boyardee ravioli that were in the Publix ad and BOGO on Ball Park beef franks that were in the Winn-Dixie ad, at Walmart's price. They ring up the first item, then ring up the second and deduct the price to zero. Walmart has been doing it here for well over a month and they have huge signs at the doors announcing they now honor other stores BOGO prices. The cashier didn't even ask to see the ad to prove the stuff was BOGO. On those 4 items I saved about $12.

I assume you work at a Walmart as you said "we wouldn't be able to ad match"...the price doesn't matter. It's BOGO at Walmart's regular price for the first item. Maybe your store manager needs to get into the loop on what's going on in the rest of the country!!
This is the case with our WalMart as well, it was in Texas and NM and yes, often they don't even ask to see an ad. In fact a week or so ago, I was checking out and before I could mention the price of avocados at Aldis the checker said "I know .33 at Aldis.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:20 PM

3,313 posts, read 2,131,554 times
Quote:
They do here in Ocala, Florida, and in Hendersonville, NC where my sister lives. Today I got BOGO on Klondike bars, Thomas bagels, and Chef Boyardee ravioli that were in the Publix ad and BOGO on Ball Park beef franks that were in the Winn-Dixie ad, at Walmart's price. They ring up the first item, then ring up the second and deduct the price to zero. Walmart has been doing it here for well over a month and they have huge signs at the doors announcing they now honor other stores BOGO prices. The cashier didn't even ask to see the ad to prove the stuff was BOGO. On those 4 items I saved about $12.

I assume you work at a Walmart as you said "we wouldn't be able to ad match"...the price doesn't matter. It's BOGO at Walmart's regular price for the first item. Maybe your store manager needs to get into the loop on what's going on in the rest of the country!!
I get a real headache going to any of the 4 Ocala Walmart locations, but even if we're just counting the common grocery items we typically purchase, my wife and I discovered that we save an average of $3,000 per year over shopping at Publix for the same things.

That doesn't sound like much, but $3,000 is enough to:
  • Allow two adults (who are able to use appliances other than just a microwave) to eat rather well for 20 full weeks.
  • Fill a $50.00 gas tank 60 times (most small to midsize cars and SUVs, as well as small trucks).
  • Pay your cable, internet, and cellphone bills for the year.
  • Invest.
  • Save.
  • Pay on/off outstanding debts.
  • Donate generously to a worthy (and preferably domestic) cause or otherwise help give a boost to somebody deserving.
  • Take additional undergrad/graduate credits.
  • Reserve for a child's needs.
  • Apply or save toward necessary home improvement(s).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products