U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 02:27 PM

4,950 posts, read 2,073,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlCam View Post
We mailed a damaged baseball bat back to Easton via the postal service. Unfortunately, my husband lost the receipt with the tracking number and Easton said they never received the bat. The Post Office said that they have no way of tracking without the number. And they said that they can not print a duplicate receipt with the tracking number. Very costly mistake on our part. Does anyone have any other suggestions on this?
Even if you had the tracking number the information may not reflect the reality. I was expecting a package from Ohio that was scanned as being delivered to my house, yet when I got home it wasn't there. The idiot "substitute" carrier had left it right on my front stoop, which was open on all sides, and someone came up and stole it. So, it was delivered, but not in the safest manner. And the Troy PO said they wouldn't reimburse me unless it was insured, even though it was their employee's fault it had gone missing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 10:42 PM

10,882 posts, read 14,562,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Even if you had the tracking number the information may not reflect the reality. I was expecting a package from Ohio that was scanned as being delivered to my house, yet when I got home it wasn't there. The idiot "substitute" carrier had left it right on my front stoop, which was open on all sides, and someone came up and stole it. So, it was delivered, but not in the safest manner. And the Troy PO said they wouldn't reimburse me unless it was insured, even though it was their employee's fault it had gone missing.
Was the packaged delivered to your home? If so, the fact that your neighborhood has crime and the package was stolen by criminals right from your door does not mean the package wasn't delivered. So the REALITY is the package was delivered.

If you want things handed to you in person, pay for the level of service with one of the redistricted delivery methods from the post office. But if you pay for cheapo service, you get cheapo results. Yep, it's that simple.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:47 AM

4,950 posts, read 2,073,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
Was the packaged delivered to your home? If so, the fact that your neighborhood has crime and the package was stolen by criminals right from your door does not mean the package wasn't delivered. So the REALITY is the package was delivered.

If you want things handed to you in person, pay for the level of service with one of the redistricted delivery methods from the post office. But if you pay for cheapo service, you get cheapo results. Yep, it's that simple.
I don't consider a package to be "delivered" when it is left out on the front step of a building in full view of anyone coming down the street. Since I was not at home when it arrived, and the substitute carrier had no way of knowing that the office on the first floor of the building actually belonged to my landlord so it could have been left with the people in the office, they SHOULD have left the card stating that the package would be waiting at the PO for me to pick up. They didn't, and Troy PO told me they wouldn't make good financially unless it was insured, even though it was one of their employees who was responsible for it being stolen.

That is the carrier's JOB - not just to deliver mail, but make sure that it is delivered to the PROPER address (I used to get a lot of mail not meant for me as well, including things for USATF-Adirondack, which was the office on the first floor of my building, and the carrier should have just walked in their front door and delivered it instead of putting it in a tenant mailbox), and not to leave packages where they could be stolen. That is why they print up those brown cards to begin with. it would be nice if more carriers remembered to use them.

Also, I don't have a choice as to the shipping method this particular vendor uses. They use Priority Mail, and that's it. I understand that Priority Mail includes insurance; this happened in 2013, so they may not have been including it at that time. At any rate, the vendor had the package insured, so I was able to get my merchandise (also had it shipped to my parents' house because one of them is always home).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products