Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 11:01 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,863 times

Advertisements

It doesn't bother me at all. Good for them. BTW, I sometimes use a hoodie and yet, somehow I never got involved in any criminal activity. I know...amazing, but TRUE! What's more, I have friends and neighbors who sometimes use hoodies...and yet, not one is a criminal that I've noticed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 11:03 AM

66 posts, read 95,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
"can I see your ID?

I get so mad it's like I almost want to throw it at the person because I feel like I am being judged and looked at as a thief. I'm not some 18 year old kid wearing a hoodie with his first credit card who may look like he is up to no good. I am a grown man over 30 coming from work dressed in my business attire so it's so easy for me to get annoyed. Plus I find it funny how real criminals can steal people's credit card and go on a shopping spree at target and not be asked for no ID

Does anyone else get asked this question when using a credit card?
You sound like a racist. Even "prim-and-proper" peeps commit crimes and steal sometimes.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:05 AM

66 posts, read 95,235 times
Quote:
I can't say this is the same for all areas but where I live if you have on a hoodie indoors chances are you have a criminal background
That's ridiculous! I'm older than you and I wear a hoodie. Does that make me look like a criminal?

Old 02-02-2015, 11:37 AM

3,766 posts, read 4,103,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
Some establishments, like the US Postal Service, won't accept an unsigned card as a form of payment.

Better plan to have sufficient cash or take a signed card with you, the next time you buy a roll of stamps.

I have three credit cards (MC & Visa) and I have never signed the back of any of them. I always use them at the post office every week and none have ever been rejected.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:39 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Technically, a Visa/MasterCard is not valid unless signed by the authorized cardholder.
Technically, that's silly, when you consider online use of credit card where you do not even have to have a physical card in hand if you know all the numbers. Your signature on your original credit card application binds you to the terms and makes all subsequent use of that account a purchase contract.

I wish the credit card issuers would just put your photo on the credit card. It's an option with many but it should be standard.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:03 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
It doesn't bother me at all. Good for them. BTW, I sometimes use a hoodie and yet, somehow I never got involved in any criminal activity. I know...amazing, but TRUE! What's more, I have friends and neighbors who sometimes use hoodies...and yet, not one is a criminal that I've noticed!
Lots of criminals in philadelphia wear hoodies so that's why most people will become nervous when they enter a store and not take off their hood.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:07 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Does anyone else get asked this question when using a credit card?
I don't sign the backs of my cards. I am not asked often ENOUGH for my ID. Maybe once every 20 times. And whenever it does happen, I thank the cashier for carding me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products