Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 08:46 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Are you saying then, that if you DON'T have on a hoodie indoors, you likely can't have a criminal background?
No but they don't seem to ask the people with stolen credit cards spending a lot of money. Usually if someone has a stolen credit card they are spending a lot of money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 10:47 PM

30,527 posts, read 16,222,191 times
not all in one place.

I'm sorry it bothers you but I really don't understand why.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:56 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
I don't sign the back of my card, they are suppose to ask me for ID. When they do I thank them for being on the ball. .

Old 01-30-2015, 10:59 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
No but they don't seem to ask the people with stolen credit cards spending a lot of money. Usually if someone has a stolen credit card they are spending a lot of money

How in the world would you know if they ask someone using a stolen credit card for identification?
Do you stand behind the cashier her entire shift and watch every move she makes?

If this issue is the biggest issue you have had in a while I would say you are having a pretty easy time of it.
Most shops we go to require identification for each transaction using a debit or credit card, it really is not a big deal even if you wear a hoodie or a tiara.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:13 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
How in the world would you know if they ask someone using a stolen credit card for identification?
Do you stand behind the cashier her entire shift and watch every move she makes?

If this issue is the biggest issue you have had in a while I would say you are having a pretty easy time of it.
Most shops we go to require identification for each transaction using a debit or credit card, it really is not a big deal even if you wear a hoodie or a tiara.
It was a story on the news involving criminals stealing someone's credit card and going on a shopping spree in target and were not asked for their id at all. It's the innocent hard working people they want to ask that question to

Police seek man who used stolen credit cards at Target, Lowe's | Regional: Berks - Home

Old 01-31-2015, 12:56 AM

1,950 posts, read 1,129,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
There are times I thought of, and for a while I did, printing "Check for Photo ID" in the signature portion of my cards.
If you do this, the card is not valid for transactions until you sign it.

Old 01-31-2015, 01:02 AM

1,950 posts, read 1,129,168 times
Quote:
"can I see your ID?

I get so mad it's like I almost want to throw it at the person because I feel like I am being judged and looked at as a thief. ...
Does anyone else get asked this question when using a credit card?
I only recall being asked for ID once. I was at a restaurant and I refused. It was as simple as that. No need to get overworked about it.

Old 01-31-2015, 01:37 AM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
True story, senior citizens come from the 'senior center' on a bus to the store. Employees notice some pilfering, so seniors are asked to come back into store with their purchases. As seniors exit bus store mgt gets onto bus to retrieve the items stashed away by the seniors who don't want the pilfered items found on their person. Hundreds of dollars worth of cosmetics and meds were retrieved, not a single on of those old folks were wearing a hoodie either, imagine that!
Real criminals, the most successful ones, don't look like 'real criminals', they look just like everybody else, average.

Can retailers ask for ID with your credit card?

Old 01-31-2015, 01:58 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
I can't say this is the same for all areas but where I live if you have on a hoodie indoors chances are you have a criminal background
Or even outdoors, like that guy who punched somebody and then slammed their head against the concrete, simply for walking around the common area of a living community.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:00 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
It used to happen as a standard practice and now it's not even looked at, what with the swipe terminals.
It was one safeguard that simply doesn't exist anymore.
The CC companies must have determined the loss from unauthorized use is worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products