Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 05:35 PM

685 posts, read 720,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I alwaysthank them”. I would like to think that if someone did steal my credit cards that the store clerk would ask for more ID and when things didn’t match up…………… they would have caught a bad guy!
I've done the same thing for years. I thought it was something cashiers were supposed to do. Yes, there's a lot more theft out there these days and I have a permanent fraud alert out. It works just fine. I stagger getting our free credit reports through the year and my identity is intact. It seems invasive but for me, it has been a blessing in disguise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 05:37 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,665,859 times
It doesn't matter if they ask for ID or not. Most of the time they don't READ it, they just see "credit card", check. "ID," check. I used to say, as they gave me back my ID, "So, what's my name?" (it's a pretty easy name, nothing weird in the pronuncation, just three syllables in all). Every single time, they would give me a blank look, kinda grin, and say, "I don't remember." Yep, that makes me feel secure. Just for fun, I was using one of my client's credit cards to make purchases for a project. Then I handed them my drivers license. They didn't even blink, just handed them back and said, "Thank you."

Old 01-31-2015, 05:37 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
Quote:
and not be asked for no ID
Are you sure you're a grown 30-yo man? They don't normally talk like that.

Old 01-31-2015, 05:42 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
It doesn't matter if they ask for ID or not. Most of the time they don't READ it, they just see "credit card", check. "ID," check. I used to say, as they gave me back my ID, "So, what's my name?" (it's a pretty easy name, nothing weird in the pronuncation, just three syllables in all). Every single time, they would give me a blank look, kinda grin, and say, "I don't remember." Yep, that makes me feel secure. Just for fun, I was using one of my client's credit cards to make purchases for a project. Then I handed them my drivers license. They didn't even blink, just handed them back and said, "Thank you."
Isn't that because they are looking at the photo?

Old 01-31-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
Are you sure you're a grown 30-yo man? They don't normally talk like that.
People over 30 don't get annoyed?

Old 01-31-2015, 05:48 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Or even outdoors, like that guy who punched somebody and then slammed their head against the concrete, simply for walking around the common area of a living community.

Oh yeah, that guy that was being followed by an armed dude he didn't know. I bet if he was following a young woman in a hoodie, the woman would have had the right to be scared.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Op your way off base and paranoid about that; IMO. Do they not also do same when you cash a check and they do not know you? You do realize who takes the hit if they cash or use stolen credit card on what was sold.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Op your way off base and paranoid about that; IMO. Do they not also do same when you cash a check and they do not know you? You do realize who takes the hit if they cash or use stolen credit card on what was sold.
Well maybe it if was the norm everywhere I would be less annoyed but it seems like only some cashiers ask while others don't ask at all.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:39 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
Cashiers are supposed to ask to see ID. Why make their jobs more miserable. I'm happy to show them my ID. Then I ask if they give military discounts.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:40 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
With Visa, MasterCard, and Discover the clerks should require you to sign the card before it can be used. These cards are invalid without your signature on the signature line.
Well, guess clerks are clueless???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products