Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 12:57 PM

161 posts, read 254,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
^^^^
The cargo service only provides that service...... shipping. It's the manufacture of the product wants their money. So why ship the items back to the cargo people???? The shipper hasn't any problem, they get paid for sending the product back and forth..........
No, you don't understand me. Let me describe the whole thing again.

In Dec 2014 my friend told me that he bought some perfume online , and these perfume were sent to my home address. I have already received those perfume bottles, and mailed those bottles to another cargo service , so that the cargo service could mail the perfumes to my friend in his country. Basically I am just the middle man.

That cargo service has already sent the items to my friend and he received all 22 perfume bottles last month. And now the seller of those perfume bottles is trying to ask me for money, because they believe I ordered those perfume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 01:51 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,770,640 times
Sorry I did misunderstand your first post. I recall another scam that was similar to this one about a year ago.

Ask the seller for a copy of the credit card number and their company. Then check with them (credit card) as to why your name and maybe your address is on the card? You’ll have to deal with that company as well as the manufacture.

It unfortunately is a scam and you're in the middle..................

Did the seller ship through the US Post Office? They have some legal actions might help with this.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Sorry I did misunderstand your first post. I recall another scam that was similar to this one about a year ago.

Ask the seller for a copy of the credit card number and their company. Then check with them (credit card) as to why your name and maybe your address is on the card? You’ll have to deal with that company as well as the manufacture.

It unfortunately is a scam and you're in the middle..................

Did the seller ship through the US Post Office? They have some legal actions might help with this.
those bottles were delivered to my home by UPS and I signed when receiving them.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:19 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,218,125 times
Quote:
And "yes" it still smells like a scam!
That depends on what kind of perfume it is.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
That depends on what kind of perfume it is.
80$ a bottle

Last edited by max100; 02-22-2015 at 02:46 PM..

Old 02-22-2015, 02:26 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,770,640 times
{{{ouch}}}

Old 02-22-2015, 02:39 PM

5,122 posts, read 4,450,143 times
Your "friend" scammed you. He used you to steal those perfumes.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:40 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,218,125 times
All $80 perfume smells like a scam.

If you had a roommate, who ordered something, and you signed for it, would you be responsible for paying? The foreign scammer probably has the same legal status in this case as the roommate would have. If the roommate moved out, would the seller have a case against you? Signing for a package does not mean you agree to pay for it. It only means you agree that it was delivered to your address. But if a roommate or anyone else ordered it, using a credit card that was not yours, why would you have any liability at all?

What you have to worry about is ID theft. If the card was in your name because of ID theft, you have some urgent work to do, to clear your name. This scam might only be the beginning. So the very first thing you have to do is find out whose name the card was in.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:55 PM

486 posts, read 828,938 times
Have you ever meet your friend in real life?

Old 02-22-2015, 03:32 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypersion View Post
Have you ever meet your friend in real life?
Very good question.

OP? Have you met this person?

Why would he have to order perfume here, have them shipped to you, then re-shipped via another carrier?

Don't they sell perfume in his home country?

Sounds fishy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products